Replies

• mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I totally rapped that in my head.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I thought only you were the one who decided what not to eat and what to eat. I'm also a firm believer in the fact that you should eat what you want to as well. Its all in moderation and lets face it, a cupcake is preportioned. Eat it, count it and let the self loathing of eating something you wanted stop. Its unrealistic to think that you have to have your environment change around you to suit your needs. You have to be the one to change AND you can't make others change around you either!

*facepalm*
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I need more people sabotaging me with cupcakes. Maybe a donut? Seriously people I can't do this binging thing on my own!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    3q8bzt_zpsa21e36f5.jpg
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    It was me. Sorry, I Sabotage everyone.
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I thought only you were the one who decided what not to eat and what to eat. I'm also a firm believer in the fact that you should eat what you want to as well. Its all in moderation and lets face it, a cupcake is preportioned. Eat it, count it and let the self loathing of eating something you wanted stop. Its unrealistic to think that you have to have your environment change around you to suit your needs. You have to be the one to change AND you can't make others change around you either!

*facepalm*

What, no whitty comment back? Only *facepalm*! Life happens, food happens, I refuse to self loath over a cupcake and think others are out to get me by putting them around me. OP needs to learn to do the same!
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Well...why didn't you just have a cupcake if you really wanted one that badly. Probably didn't have more than 300 or 400 calories so just do 1 30-40 min cardio workout and it's gone....also, this isn't a "mean" thing to say so if you press ignore then you're really setting yourself up for failure if you can't listen to some hard advice. If you can't just say no, or say yes in moderation (only have 1 cupcake and balance it with other healthy eating and/or exercise to work it off) you're always going to be overweight or going up and down in weight.
    You can look at my food diary if you friend me and you will see that I eat all those "bad things" chips, chocolate, rolls, ice cream, etc. etc. and I am in the best shape of my life and almost never go over my calories
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    *facepalm*
    What, no whitty comment back? Only *facepalm*! Life happens, food happens, I refuse to self loath over a cupcake and think others are out to get me by putting them around me. OP needs to learn to do the same!
    I agree with what you are saying, and it fact, my OP was poking fun at the idea of "sabotage" as it's used on MFP. Also meant to be read aloud with some funky jams.

These may help:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE
    http://www.metrolyrics.com/sabotage-lyrics-beastie-boys.html
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Eh. Just suck it up cupcake. No one cares that you have a princess card. Deal with it.

*snickers*

Note to the Mods: OP and I are friends and I'm just joking with him
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I would take them all home and pass them out to my family and neighbors, bring back the empty tray the next day and say "tomorrow, we'd like cheesecake, please, thanks."
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

*facepalm*

star-trek-joke-gif.gif
  • Wishiscured
    Options
    LOL. Good One!:laugh:
  • kbailey374
    kbailey374 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I remember working in a Drs office and one of the drs bringing in cookies. I made a smart remark that it was hard to stay off sugar if she was going to keep bringing it in. She snapped that I didn't have to EAT them and that it was MY responsibility not to.

I was really TICKED at her response. Not that I expected her to hide the goodies, but just that it would have been nice to have it acknowledged and supported what I was doing ...

but now looking back I wonder if SHE had mixed feelings about her OWN food choices and maybe she felt guilty for eating this stuff all the time. and that was why she got mad.

I don't know.

But it is a bit much for me to expect people including in my household to stop eating what they like, and I DO need to find a way around it - find a way to have power in those situations. For me it is my faith (when I choose to access it!!)

as to whether that is sabotage or not (your coworker) I can't say, but regardless, you have to find a way to make other choices. Have some foods at ready at work, make sure you don't skip meals, do "this" one day at a time, etc...
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Cupcakes are mean creatures. They look so droolworthy but actually, they don't taste as good as they look. But once you started eating them, you finish them anyway. Thus, wasted calories and not even a mouthgasm to show for it. :grumble:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I remember working in a Drs office and one of the drs bringing in cookies. I made a smart remark that it was hard to stay off sugar if she was going to keep bringing it in. She snapped that I didn't have to EAT them and that it was MY responsibility not to.

I was really TICKED at her response. Not that I expected her to hide the goodies, but just that it would have been nice to have it acknowledged and supported what I was doing ...

but now looking back I wonder if SHE had mixed feelings about her OWN food choices and maybe she felt guilty for eating this stuff all the time. and that was why she got mad.

I don't know.

But it is a bit much for me to expect people including in my household to stop eating what they like, and I DO need to find a way around it - find a way to have power in those situations. For me it is my faith (when I choose to access it!!)

as to whether that is sabotage or not (your coworker) I can't say, but regardless, you have to find a way to make other choices. Have some foods at ready at work, make sure you don't skip meals, do "this" one day at a time, etc...

So you don't think you did anything wrong and it was still all her

You made a "smart remark" (which she might have taken as you judging her for eating the way she wants) about someone's food choices and they got upset at your rudeness and snapped and its because she is upset at herself?

Ummmm...don't think that's the case...but don't know her so oh well. Personally, if I did what you did, I'd have apologized for judging and making smart remarks where they weren't needed because I know how it feels to be judged on what I eat based on my weight.

ETA: I've lost a fair amount of weight and I still eat sweets and "junk". I've found that moderation is key and so someone making disparaging remarks on my food would irritate me especially because I've had success and continue to do well. Besides, it's no one's business how or what I eat.

Also, she was right. You are responsible for what you eat, not her. You are able to say no and not have that treat, or find a way to work it in your weekly goals, just because you choose to cut out foods doesn't mean everyone else had to adhere to your new life change. People's lives and choices don't revolve solely around you.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    JuwKW.gif

can't tear my eyes away. hahahaha. :) *giggle*
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Simple... don't eat one. You can't expect your coworkers to not bring in or eat junk just because you are trying to get healthy. It's not their responsibility to make sure you are not tempted... that's on you. Maybe she did bring them in to mess with you, but it's called self control.... learn how to use it. Best of luck...
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    AlfredHitchcoltPresents.jpg