What protein powder do you ladies recommend?

Options

Replies

• StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I am pretty new to lifting and was told I should be drinking a protein shake after I workout. What do you ladies recommend that you really like?

I would recommend advocare products. https://www.advocare.com/160219775/Mobile/default.aspx

Every single one of your posts recommends advocare products because you are a seller of those products.
  • Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    I hate Quest. I like Vcore from complete nutrition, it completely dissoves in my coffee and has taken the place of sugar and creamer. I agree you don't really need one post workout but I use it to hit my protein goals.
    Which flavor do you use? Vanilla? (I just went to their website to check them out - I would *love* to break up with my sugar and creamer!)

• tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I use harmonized vegan protein
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    I will drink 16 oz of skim milk with a bit of chocolate syrup.
    16 grams of protein.
    Just in case you run out of powders, you can use this as a back up.
    Before trying a $50 bag of powder, consider trying a protein bar of that brand first.
    Don't forget to look at stores like walmart or target. If you don't like the taste, they let you return it no questions asked.

Walmart will not return an opened food product.

Yes, they will. I returned a pound of rotten ham before, and some nasty cereal that had black crap in it.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,653 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    16 grams of protein.
    Before trying a $50 bag of powder, consider trying a protein bar of that brand first.
    Don't forget to look at stores like walmart or target. If you don't like the taste, they let you return it no questions asked.

Yes, they will. I returned a pound of rotten ham before, and some nasty cereal that had black crap in it.

I don't know if they will or won't but the ham and cereal were defective. Try returning an open package of food because you don't like how it tastes.

OP, I like Quest as well but I've only tried theirs, Designer Whey, and a couple of vegan ones. I couldn't get myself to like the vegan ones.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    You need your receipt. I keep my receipts for a month or two in envelopes.
    Last was opened coffee. All I said was I did not like the taste. Easy.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    16 grams of protein.

I have no doubt that if I brought an open food product and my receipt to the Walmart Customer Service window and told them it tasted disgusting that they would refund my money.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    For those of you who get PEScience Select Protein powders: how do you use each flavour? I usually just get Quest's vanilla milkshake powder because it's versatile - I can make a fruit smoothie or add it to oatmeal. I almost never drink protein powders just mixed with water (and milk isn't an option, since I'm lactose intolerant). So are the snickerdoodle or chocolate peanut butter flavours good for adding to things? If you do drink them straight with water, how do they compare to just adding Quest's powders to water?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    For those of you who get PEScience Select Protein powders: how do you use each flavour? I usually just get Quest's vanilla milkshake powder because it's versatile - I can make a fruit smoothie or add it to oatmeal. I almost never drink protein powders just mixed with water (and milk isn't an option, since I'm lactose intolerant). So are the snickerdoodle or chocolate peanut butter flavours good for adding to things? If you do drink them straight with water, how do they compare to just adding Quest's powders to water?

I do tons with mine. It's fine with water and I actually like it better than Quest or a whey protein. It's a blend of casein and whey so it comes out a little thicker. It makes an excellent shake with almond milk and a little fage yogurt as well. I like to add pumpkin to mine but the snicker doodle really works with anything. I've done peanut butter, chocolate, cheesecake (jello-pudding mix in), fruit. I'll add oatmeal sometimes too.

It's also good for making protein fluff because of the casein. You can really get as great of a fluff with whey powder.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I want minimal ingredients in my protein powder, so am currently using Biochem Ultimate 100 % Whey protein, Natural, 24.6-Ounce Can.

Ingredients: Whey protein isolate, Natural French vanilla flavor, sunflower lecithin, xanthan gum.

It has a light vanilla flavor. I put it in smoothies, protein fluff, oatmeal, etc.
  • tymberh
    tymberh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for a natural alternative I love adding Hemp powder to my smoothies. 11 grams of protein, 13 grams of fiber and a ton more vitamins and minerals for 130 calories. (:
  • tymberh
    tymberh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    16 grams of protein.

I have no doubt that if I brought an open food product and my receipt to the Walmart Customer Service window and told them it tasted disgusting that they would refund my money.

My mother once returned an open package of meat she bought from Walmart because when she got home the underside had a funny looking color although that was probably seven years ago. I'm sure you can return almost anything.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I do tons with mine. It's fine with water and I actually like it better than Quest or a whey protein. It's a blend of casein and whey so it comes out a little thicker. It makes an excellent shake with almond milk and a little fage yogurt as well. I like to add pumpkin to mine but the snicker doodle really works with anything. I've done peanut butter, chocolate, cheesecake (jello-pudding mix in), fruit. I'll add oatmeal sometimes too.

It's also good for making protein fluff because of the casein. You can really get as great of a fluff with whey powder.

I emailed them asking for free samples, and they very promptly (under 15 minutes!) shipped me a sample of every flavour! I hope their products are as good as their customer service! :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

I emailed them asking for free samples, and they very promptly (under 15 minutes!) shipped me a sample of every flavour! I hope their products are as good as their customer service! :)

Oh I'm so happy to hear that! Hope you enjoy. Surprisingly I find the chocolate peanut butter cup to be the worst. The others are special though.
  • bcherniwchan445
    bcherniwchan445 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use isagenix protein ! I love it
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

I never drink protein either. I mix it in greek yogurt, oatmeal, make waffles, pancakes, cookies, protein fluff, spread on bagels (just mix with water like pb2), sauce for french toast... really just think outside the box
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i use PEScience Select Protein.. love their milk chocolate. not a fan of Snickerdoodle at all and the Blondie is ehhh - it doesn't taste anything like a Blondie.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    I am pretty new to lifting and was told I should be drinking a protein shake after I workout. What do you ladies recommend that you really like?
    You DON'T need to drink a protein shake after a workout. Lots of people follow this due to the broscience passed around in the gym.
    If you're reaching your protein goals on a daily basis, you're fine.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• jessross17
    jessross17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Entirely suggest a pure Whey Protein or a ONE Bar (made by Oh Yeah). They completely outdue the Quest Bars new recipe.
    Be careful with Proteins. A lot of different supp companies will add different additives to their products in order to make a higher profit. Do your research. Whey protein is the way to go, but depending upon the company/ ingredients, it could be pointless to consume.
    I also suggest drinking it PRIOR to work out, unless you have ate a meal within 2 hours of working out. Protein is slow acting and needs more time to hit the muscles, especially if you aren't doing heavy lifting. I do have to disagree with those that said protein is pointless unless heavy lifting. That is definitely not the case. The body needs high amounts of protein and fiber to either build muscle or lose weight.