Zoodler

Options
I'm overwhelmed with the choices of zoodlers. Does anyone have a recommendation?

A zoodler turns zucchini into spaghetti like "noodles" for those who may be wondering.

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I would pick up one of the cheap, handheld ones. I've seen those for like $10. I have a $30 countertop one with different blade inserts and it's probably the least used space hog in my kitchen. I discovered I don't much care for veggies in noodle shapes. I'd rather use a knife and eat them in veggie shapes. LOL. A lot of people like their spiralizers, though.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I use a mandolin to make julienned strips of veggies - long matchstick type .... I can use the mandolin to thinly slice veggies and fruit to make chips as well or big thin slices to stuff and roll then bake or eat raw depending on what it is.

It's easier, much much easier to clean and has more than one use. The "noodles" won't be curly but then neither is most pasta.
  • Missmissy0003
    Missmissy0003 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm thinking that's what I'm going to do. The least complicated the appliance or tool, the more likely I'll use it. I think I've used my food processor once in 10 years.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I have the vegetti and I like it but cleaning it totally sucks so I never use it.
  • itsmemaringle
    itsmemaringle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just use a peeler for ribbons of veggies- perfect for stirfries and quick cooking!
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Got a hand held one. So far I love it and it's been easy to clean. I usually stir fry some up with some garlic.