Feeling Tired

Options
I've recently been feeling tired most of the time. I'm not sure if it's my diet. I've been eating a little more processed carbs like bread and tortillas. I've been craving them this past week. I take my B vitamins to help convert food in to energy. I've recently tried I think it's called Ginsala which is suppose to help with energy. It hasn't been long enough to see if it's helping or not. I'm not a coffee person. Never liked the taste of it and don't like the caffeine. I trying to get enough sleep. I try to go to bed about 9-9:30pm, but no later than 10pm and wake up at 6:30am. I feel awful if I wake up after 6:30 am. I don't know what happened. Before I had a lot of energy and then this past week I'm just tired. Could it be the processed carbs? Any suggestions on how to improve energy?

Replies

• piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Yes! Carbs make you feel lethargic. Try to cut the bread/pasta carbs in half or altogether got a week and see how you feel. Of course, increase your lean proteins and veggies too!
  • beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Oh I get enough protein and veggies. I know it's not that, but I will see if it's the carbs. I'm having trouble controlling my cravings. I did so good this past year, but it's all the sudden coming back.
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Use fat for energy instead
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    How many calories per day are you consuming?
  • beatyfamily1
    Options
    Usually about 1380, but with the cravings this past week it's been more. I'm feeling more hungry lately.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    Are you exercising and eating some of those cals back? I'm asking because lower cals over a length of time can also have the symptoms you describe. How much are you losing each week, on average? And how long have you been doing this?
  • beatyfamily1
    Options
    I'm exercising, but I'm gaining weight. I've been eating over my calories. Usually I don't eat back calories unless I'm actually doing more than usual that day. The cravings are putting me over my calories. I've lost about 50 pounds before I started counting my calories since February 2015. Then I lost about another 10 pounds with MFP a couple months ago. I'm trying to get back on track.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    I'm exercising, but I'm gaining weight. I've been eating over my calories. Usually I don't eat back calories unless I'm actually doing more than usual that day. The cravings are putting me over my calories. I've lost about 50 pounds before I started counting my calories since February 2015. Then I lost about another 10 pounds with MFP a couple months ago. I'm trying to get back on track.

How much more do you have to lose? It almost sounds like you could use a few weeks to recuperate and regain your focus and strength. If the carbs are new, a little extra water will be retained with that. Plus you are eating a bit more than usual. Those things will contribute to an increase in the scale but do not necessarily suggest fat gain. Are your clothes still fitting the same? Did you take measurements as well as scale weight?
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Did you know that other vitamin deficiencies could also cause this? Even lack of vitamin D can do this. I take a daily multi to get all my bases covered.