Discrepancies between MFP and recipes

Options
Hi all- fairly new here-
I've been using recipe importer to bring over recipes So I can add them to my diary. I check the measurements and ingredients and everything looks correct however the end calories do not line up. Ie my oat cluster things are listed on a low calorie site and say the have 88 calories per serving but when I import it calculates 150 cal per serving. Based on experience/knowledge which should I logging and relying on?

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i never use the importer recipe feature because I've found it to be inaccurate. i manually log my recipes, meaning i weigh all my ingredients as i go. then weigh the entire amount (if its like a soup) and then divide to know how many calories/grams are in a serving.
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Whether I use the import feature or manually log recipes, I still have to verify and fix each ingredient. Some thing come up weird - like 200 cals for a clove of garlic :)

The import feature adds a small convenience, but still the same as manually logging each ingredient. Just means ingredients are entered all at once.
  • lgregory6540
    lgregory6540 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I am changing the ingredients so they all match just the calories end up being way off and I'm not sure which is accurate. For now I have just been going with the higher of two to be safe.