Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Only gaining so far. HELP!!

Hi, everyone. I'm Carrie & I've been on here for a while but I'm still just gaining weight. I could use some friends to push me over the hump of getting started down the right path. Can anyone relate or am I all alone in this?

Replies

• daveharris54
    daveharris54 Posts: 20 Member
    You are not alone. From your posted picture I am guessing you are saying that donuts are a favorite and a problem. I have yo-yoed for years and every diet I was on left me either hungry or I couldn't sustain it. After listening to many medical opinions throughout my life which, in general, came down to make a lifestyle change, I continued to ignore them because most had a different opinion about just what that change should be. However, after much of my own research and trying to understand my body needs, I have found what is working for me. It is a radical lifestyle change for me. I am eating fresh as much as possible which means I am also learning to cook better. I have eliminated as much as possible prepackaged foods as well as foods with any added sugars. I watch my carbs and do not eat regular potatoes or most breads. I think my answer is cutting the sugar and high carb foods, which by the way is most prepackaged foods, even the "diet" types. Eating fresh also means I am not putting many artificial ingredients into my body. Have you read the ingredient list on Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine or most other prepackaged foods. Most of the ingredients are unpronounceable and who knows what they really are. The great thing about doing this is I feel great and rarely get hungry. I discovered that when I ate sweets, I only wanted more, so I know I was addicted to sugar. I have also began to exercise. I even listen to hypnosis apps which encourage me to eat right and exercise. All of this is what works for me. Whether it will for you, I don't know. What I do know is that to lose the weight, the hardest exercise you will do is the mental exercise to keep you on track, but it is worth it for your health. My epiphany came after my health went to hell, but as they say it is never too late to improve your health.