Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone out there to help me?

Hi, everyone. I'm Carrie & I've been on here for a while but I'm still just gaining weight. I could use some friends to push me over the hump of getting started down the right path. Can anyone relate or am I all alone in this? I could use a few friends!

Replies

• Mugwump100
    Mugwump100 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, Carrie. I am back on this site after a couple of months. Can we be of help to each other? I am doing much better than I used to with both diet and exercise.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Without your diary being open and without more information about how much you eat and how much you exercise, it'll be very difficult for anyone to advise you.
  • TheChrissyT
    TheChrissyT Posts: 263 Member
    edited February 2016
    Hi Carrie. I'm sorry that you're struggling. People under credit how much emotional baggage is tied up in the weight we carry, especially when we carry a lot of it. There's usually a reason behind the overeating. There were a lot of reasons that I gained so much weight. I ate fast food at least once a week and I drank soda. The first thing I did was cut those two things out, because they are purely bad for me. I lost 30lbs just doing that, not cutting out junk food not cutting out candy or even really tracking my calories. Once I got the momentum going, I started to think about wanting to actually be healthy and what that looks like in my mind.

That's when all the emotional stuff came in. All the crippling self doubt that I've carried my whole life. I've always been a people pleaser, and I always felt like I had to do good things for other people in order to be loved and viewed as a good person. Taking care of myself went against the grain of what I felt others around me needed from me. For me, it meant spending money on a gym membership, my brain labeled that selfish. It meant spending hours in the gym each week, my brain labeled that selfish. That is time that I felt I should be spending on my kids, cleaning my house, doing for others, etc. It meant getting enough sleep that I didn't have to drink caffeine all day just to function. It meant cooking food that is good for us and not going out to eat, my brain labeled even THAT selfish because my kids and dude like to go out to eat. That doubter/critic in my head constantly criticized everything I did. It told me I looked stupid trying to workout and that everyone around me was disgusted by me. It told me that I didn't have time for this. It told me that I'd still be ugly even if I lost weight. It told me that I was wasting my time and everyone elses. That the other people at the gym had more right to a machine than I did. It was ridiculous.

I really truly had to rewire my way of thinking because taking care of myself is a loving act for THEM too. I have more energy now. I handle stress better. I am more positive. I can let people take pictures of me with my kids doing fun things. I can look at pictures of myself and kind of like them. I can dress the way that I want to without it costing a fortune (they make affordable big girl clothes in the most disgusting patterns). I am (mostly) happy! All of these positive things are true, and I'm still at the weight most women on here are crying over. I still have 92lbs to the low end of a healthy weight range for my height and I feel great.

If you want to be friends with me, I'd be happy to help support you in any way that I can. I know that it's hard. I know that the hardest part is believing you can make the change, loving yourself enough to be truly honest with yourself, and then holding yourself accountable for getting the life that you actually want and that you are really meant to have. I've lost between 125 and 80lbs (depending on when we start counting the weight loss) now.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Hi Carrie !
    Are you using a food scale to weigh all your foods ? Are yoh measuring all your liquids with a measuring cup ?
    It would be helpful if you opened your diary.

Remember- weight loss comes down to caloroes. Cico
    Eat less then you burn and you will lose weight.

@queenliz99 @booksandchocolate12 @diannethegeek can either of you please post the lemon lion heart chart for this member who is having trouble losing ?
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Sure!

1gb8qci0nz3q.jpg
  • cjsmalla
    cjsmalla Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks all! That's what I'm needing. Well that & a donut. lol