I'm in.
  • StripedSmoker
    StripedSmoker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    In!
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Sure! I'll start today and make up for missing yesterday. I won't use weights for any of these though, since this is in addition to the lifting program I'm doing (and I do plenty weighted squats with that)

*runs to the bathroom at work to do some for yesterday!*
  • DHURD38
    DHURD38 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm in...starting today.
  • harthron
    harthron Posts: 68
    Options
    30 squats this morning - a lot tougher than I thought but I just ran 4 miles before I did the squats. Nice burn
  • kimclenard
    kimclenard Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I did my 30 day squat challenge without weights. I do weighted squats twice a week in my BodyPump class :-)
  • kimclenard
    kimclenard Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just as an encouragement note to all you ladies. I completed my 30 day squat challenge this past Sunday. Started with 50 squats on day 1 and ended with 250 squats on day 30. Whew! But the encouraging note is that I see such a difference in my legs, butt and my stomach. Going to continue to maintain by doing a 100 squats in the morning and 100 squats at night. Go ladies! You can do this!!

That's so awesome to hear. Just what I'm hoping. Did you do yours with weights or without?

I did my 30 day squat challenge without weights. I do weighted squats twice a week in my BodyPump class :-)
  • fidgit813
    fidgit813 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in too!!
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm loving this challenge. I can totally feel the burn in my quads from yesterday.

I read that widening your stance works the gluts more than the quads so I'm going to try that with my 60 squats today. I'm doing 3 sets of 20.
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Day 2 is done
  • geekette411
    geekette411 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I did 3 sets of 20 and I really feel it today!
  • misskeara
    misskeara Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, started day 1 of my 30 day squat challenge today- 50 squats! Doing mine with an easy shaper bar- anyone else done the challenge with one? Well done everyone so far!! :smile:
  • xoxomarshmallow
    Options
    I did it last month :)
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is going to be a difficult one! I will give it a shot . . .250 squats at the end of 30 days?? Not even sure if I can do one Squat. :smile:

Good Luck everyone!

Sounds like a lot for me too, since just starting out.

So I'm committing to do 1/2 the amount each day in July! .. gotta to start somewhere :)
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 9 now. Yesterday was a rest day. I've noticed two things. First, the squats are getting easier to complete. Today I will do 4 sets of 25 (I got my first set done this morning). It took me just a few minutes to get them done at a moderate pace.

Also, even after increasing the amount I'm doing every day, my legs are not sore the next day. The first two days I could barely walk.

After the next rest day, I will probably increase the number of squat in each set since the numbers are climbing.

I've noticed a slight (non visible) difference in the tone of my thighs and butt. I plan to take pics on day 16.

How's everyone else doing?
  • MommyonAmissontoHealth13
    Options
    im a lil late but i am joining in. i have up to day 9 to make up too. doing it now =)
  • fitgirl09jessica
    Options
    I am starting the challenge today! Can't wait to see what a difference it makes!
  • jessicamr30
    Options
    Will try seems like a reasonable challenge.