ZMA

Options
Hi All
Been waking up at silly o,clock lately for no apparent reason and it's driving me mad . I can get to sleep quickly but wake at like 4 or 5 in the morning . Anyway I have ordered some ZMA to help with sleep and recovery , anybody tried it ?

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love it. I get some crazy dreams with it though lol
  • dizzler1
    dizzler1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Great ! Are you sleeping deeper / better
    Thanks for replying
  • lionsfan802
    lionsfan802 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if you have started taking the zma yet and if so how is it working for you?
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    dizzler1 wrote: »

Great ! Are you sleeping deeper / better
    Thanks for replying

So much better. I'm cutting too and usually have difficulty sleeping while cutting and it definitely helps
  • JediNinjaYo
    JediNinjaYo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If the ZMA works for u then u may be zinc and mag deficient and may want to eat more zinc and magnesium rich foods to aid in growth and recovery.
    Have u had any blood work done to where ur levels r at? Might Be a good idea if u have insurance.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    dizzler1 wrote: »
    Hi All
    Been waking up at silly o,clock lately for no apparent reason and it's driving me mad . I can get to sleep quickly but wake at like 4 or 5 in the morning . Anyway I have ordered some ZMA to help with sleep and recovery , anybody tried it ?

Feeling okay otherwise? It is common for depressed people to wake around 5 a.m.
  • Marcus_2015
    Marcus_2015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I like ZMA but I only take it a couple of times per week. I also take melatonin but again, not every day.

They say weightlifting does deplete zinc and magnesium...

In my experience the sleep benefits of ZMA wear off quickly.

R