I'm stuck using the recipe builder,,, help me please!

blue_eyes1978
blue_eyes1978 Posts: 127 Member
edited February 2016 in Food and Nutrition
opv3bxvajt0j.png

So I have spent a lot of time trying to make sure all my ingredients were accurate and weighed the whole dish tarred of the crock pot base and the amount of soup is.. 4389g
For dinner I had a bowl that weighed 370.. I am not getting the information I had hoped to get. I tried to change the amount of servings to the amount of the dish and it's not staying the way I change it. I;m stuck what to do next.
After all the time spent to be able to log my dinner I'm bummed it hasn't worked out yet!
Thanks in advance anyone who can help me out here!

:)

Replies

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Keep your recipe at 1 serving, since you are unable to fix it. Take your serving weight and divide by total weight. 370/5899=0.063. Enter 0.063 as your amount eaten. Should be about 364 calories.
  • williams969
    Oh, and do the same if you're eating another bowl from the batch. Just take your serving weight divide by 5899.
  • blue_eyes1978
    blue_eyes1978 Posts: 127 Member
    Cool!! That's what I needed I am happy to know I can still make it work!!

Thank you so much!!
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited February 2016
    Actually, divide your serving weight by the post-cooking total weight.

You'd divide your 370 gram serving by 4389 grams to get 0.0843 then put that in as your serving. Your 370 gram serving would have about 486 calories.
  • williams969
    seska422 wrote: »
    Actually, divide your serving weight by the post-cooking total weight.

You'd divide your 370 gram serving by 4389 grams to get 0.0843 then put that in as your serving. Your 370 gram serving would have about 486 grams.

Yes, that. I think the OP amended the number. It originally said 5899. But, yeah, use cooked weight.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    In the future, you might try this:
    All of my soup, crockpot and casserole recipes I make 100 grams = 1 serving.

So if I weighed a casserole or crock pot after cooking and it weighed 4389 grams, I would round up and enter it in the recipe builder as 44 servings. Then, if I eat a 370 gram serving, I would log that as 3.7 servings.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,080 Member
    In the future, you might try this:
    All of my soup, crockpot and casserole recipes I make 100 grams = 1 serving.

So if I weighed a casserole or crock pot after cooking and it weighed 4389 grams, I would round up and enter it in the recipe builder as 44 servings. Then, if I eat a 370 gram serving, I would log that as 3.7 servings.

?? I don't understand how that helps if the recipe builder won't let the OP change the number of servings from "1".
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Are you saying that when you go to the app, click my recipes there is no edit recipe button?

If there is ...then click that, scroll through until on page with servings and amend there

I don't think you can edit on website but you can on iOS app ...and on mobile I believe
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Actually you see the nutrition box on the right, just to the left of it there's an "edit recipe" link, click that then change the servings after you've gone there