I need some motivational friends on here.

Options
babykristina
babykristina Posts: 10 Member
edited February 2016 in Getting Started
. Hi. I just recently started my Weight loss journey and need fitness friends to help keep me motivated and on track. Seeing others losing weight gives me inspiration. I started last Monday on 2/8/16, so tomorrow is my first weigh in. Fingers crossed I lost at least a pound or two. I'm wanting to lose weight naturally through diet and exercise. Anyone else just starting their weight loss journey? Let's do it together. My Start weight 191.0 pounds. My goal weight is 140. So I want to lose 51 lbs. I think I can, I think I can.
ADD ME, please.

Replies

• stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    You can do this. You don't need motivation. In fact, if you solely relied on motivation, you'd likely follow the same path so many others follow. Ya know the one... where you lose some weight and then gain it all back. Usually a few extra ones to boot.

Motivation is fleeting. And this isn't about a temporary way of behaving. Temporary behavior begets temporary results. How you lose it is how you need to maintain the loss.

Simply start with a tiny behavior goal or two that you feel confident with. Get really good at doing them. And once they become integrated into your life, progress them. Or add some more.

This change is meant to be slow and gradual. You have to give your mind time to catch up to the changes you're imposing... which is why it's important to not do too much all at once.

Above all else, think of all of this as practice. It's one giant self-experiment. There will be tough days and that's ok. You won't be perfect... nor should you expect to be. But when things get tough, the best thing you can do afterwords is to get right back onto the path of being the best version of yourself. And do so as compassionately as possible without all the negative judgement so many folks are apt to thrusting at themselves.

Coming together with folks who share a common goal and common values such as this place is a huge part of this change. So great first step!
  • Lshona
    Lshona Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Request sent
  • LiveLoveSquat
    LiveLoveSquat Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Also looking for motivational friends! Add me :)
  • Maree23032014
    Maree23032014 Posts: 11 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Me too! My friends aren't overly supportive. I could do with more help :)