Life changing lettuce wraps

Options
This was my dinner today, and will be a very frequent addition to my meal plans!

-100g chicken
-3 tbsp. soy sauce (low sodium is better)
-1 tsp. minced ginger
-2 cloves garlic
-1 tbsp. Sriracha (or less depending on your tolerance to heat)
-1/2 tbsp. honey
-1/2 yellow bell pepper
-1 tsp. olive oil
-iceberg lettuce cups

1) First thing you're going to want to do is mince your ginger as well as your garlic. Set them both aside.
2) Take your chicken and chop it until it is in very small pieces. If the whole piece begins to stick together, don't worry. Just continue chopping. It will break apart in the pan.
3) Dice your bell pepper.
4) Add olive oil to the pan, and once it's heated add bell pepper & chicken. Then add in ginger and garlic.
5) Cook until chicken is cooked through, as you continue to stir and insure that the chicken is broken up.
6) Once chicken is cooked, add soy sauce, honey, and sriracha. Turn the heat up so that the sauce is bubbling and cook for about 3-5 additional minutes until the sauce has thickened and reduced.
7) Add the mixture to your lettuce cups, and enjoy!

A delicious dinner for about 380 calories!

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I think this food will not live up to its name just like 'Better Than Sex Cake' did not live up to its moniker.

It does sound tasty though.
  • a_claire92
    Options
    Hey, I just said it was life changing. Never said how. Lots of things change your life ;)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I don't know? If I have to go to a specialty market to find "sriracha" whatever that is, I can predict that what might happen in that parking lot might change my life. International road rage in Los Angeles is a real problem and I have very low tolerance for being yelled at in other languages. Mostly because I translate EVERY word into the F word and *kitten*.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    I don't know? If I have to go to a specialty market to find "sriracha" whatever that is, I can predict that what might happen in that parking lot might change my life. International road rage in Los Angeles is a real problem and I have very low tolerance for being yelled at in other languages. Mostly because I translate EVERY word into the F word and *kitten*.
    they sell this at target or CUB foods, or most regular grocery stores.
  • sharitapita
    sharitapita Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    they sell this at target or CUB foods, or most regular grocery stores.

Oooh, the target where I live is even worse because that's where you get the accents from all over the world fighting over parking, crashing and then yelling at each other in what each thinks is english but the other doesn't and then if you happen to be walkign by looking all english speaking EACH one thinks they have your ear and both start pleading their case at the same time to sway you to their side before the police arrive to take the report. That's when I go, "Oh, sorry, sorry, no hablo ingles."
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Sounds good except for the iceberg lettuce. I think butter lettuce would work better and taste better.

PS- no butter in butter lettuce.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I think this food will not live up to its name just like 'Better Than Sex Cake' did not live up to its moniker.

It does sound tasty though.

:laugh:
  • healthytanya1
    healthytanya1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!!
  • a_claire92
    Options
    Sounds good except for the iceberg lettuce. I think butter lettuce would work better and taste better.

PS- no butter in butter lettuce.

I really like the cool crunch that the iceberg brings! But, feel free to substitute to your heart's desire.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    I like lettuce wraps for burgers at Red Robin.
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    bump
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I considered trying these, but...

...I mostly like my life as it is right now...

...and there's no guarantee the change will be favorable...

...so I'm going to have to pass on these right now.

I just can't take that chance.
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I picked up sriracha from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. not all of them, but some have a food section. I will be making these soon.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    24166321.jpg
  • hap2010
    hap2010 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    This sounds yummy. I might have to make a batch and use for lunches. Wonder if you tried it cold?
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I like lettuce wraps for burgers at Red Robin.

Yes! And Jimmy John's too! Lettuce is my favorite bread. :-)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I don't know? If I have to go to a specialty market to find "sriracha" whatever that is...
    Life is not complete without Sriracha. Look for the bottle with a big rooster on the front.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I don't know? If I have to go to a specialty market to find "sriracha" whatever that is...
    Life is not complete without Sriracha. Look for the bottle with a big rooster on the front.

I don't know that I've ever knowingly had sriracha. Perhaps this actually will be life changing.
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options

It's chili sauce, right?