What will the result be?

Options
I am starting back after about a year absence. Things are going well, and I am pretty much back to the weight I left at.

Just some goals:

I havre started walking at least 20 minutes/day.
I am slowly adding veggies to my diet.
I am pretty much giving up alcohol (personal reasons)

I hear IIFYM but I am no where near that. I eat calorie dense foods, just less of them.

I had a DEXA scan last year. They thought my lean muscle would be really low, but I actually have some muscle under all of this padding.

My goal is to get back to where I was about 10 years ago, before I started really putting on the weight. But, I am wondering what I will achieve if I don't change something. I am thinking of adding some at home exercises once I have the other goals down. I am eating more protein than before.

Is it reasonable to think that losing weight by purely staying in a deficit I can look like I did then? Or, will I be all flabby and saggy.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Progressive resistance to maintain as much muscle as possible as you lose weight...lift heavy is easiest and effective but not the only way

Hitting protein minimums

You say nothing about weighing and logging food accurately to your calorie defecit
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Thanks rabbit. I have a scale and do weigh but could be better about using it consistently, and accurately logging. Maybe, I should have asked a hypothetical.

I think I will read through the stickies again.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    :)