Pain & Frustration

Options
A few weeks ago, I hurt my back lifting my 3.5 month old daughter and her car seat into the car. I've been in pain (especially nerve pain down my left leg) ever since. I'm 5'8" and currently around 235. I was 260 when I delivered. I have PCOS and I'm exclusively breastfeeding. I want to start to exercise again but my leg hurts too much. I'm so frustrated! There's a stroller strides group near me that I want to join but I can't. I feel like I'm trapped in my own body. I went to the chiropractor on Friday and he said that my SI joint was locked. After an adjustment, I had no pain. Then on Saturday afternoon the pain returned. I'm feeling so downtrodden and impatient. I can't deal with this stupid leg pain anymore!

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Go to your doctor and get a correct diagnosis. There are a lot of things it could be, no one here can tell you what.

A calorie deficit will help with your weight loss. Spend some time getting accomplished at that while your injury is diagnosed and treated.

Read the threads at the top of each forum for help reaching your goals.

Cheers, h.

Cheers, h.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Go to your doctor and get a correct diagnosis. There are a lot of things it could be, no one here can tell you what.

A calorie deficit will help with your weight loss. Spend some time getting accomplished at that while your injury is diagnosed and treated.

Read the threads at the top of each forum for help reaching your goals.

Cheers, h.

Cheers, h.

Pretty much this
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Go to a doctor. Chiropractor can help with a course of treatment but get a real diagnosis with real imaging before they start adjusting things. Especially if you're in nerve pain, seriously, don't mess about with it. Yes, it feels great after an adjustment, but if it's a herniated disc, for example, not a sacroilac joint issue, it's not going to improve with just chiro adjustments.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, when I first started working out and getting healthy I had to take a lot of weeks off because of random pains. I got nerve conduction studies, exams from a neurologist and my primary, and they never found an explanation. I still get intermittent numbness in one leg, but I stuck with counting calories and still lost weight. It'll be uncomfortable, but you can do it if you want it badly enough!
  • Birkah
    Birkah Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    First - congrats on the little one! Those carseats are awkward and weigh a ton! Maybe the seat should stay clipped in the car and you just maneuver the munchkin in and out for a bit. Did your chiro set up a schedule for adjustments? One and done is just not going to cut it. You usually need a series of adjustments with a list of stretches and exercises. Definitely get some x-rays. Hubby had the same issue, and it turned out that one of his sacral vertebrae isn't fused all the way across (I have no idea what the medical term is, sorry). It's a common malformation, and doesn't usually cause issues until a mild injury, age, or pregnancy.