Low caloric intake

Options
Every time I've tracked my calories, no matter how meticulous, my count for the day always comes in low. I feel like I have to stuff myself to break 1000 calories, and yet I'm 80 pounds overweight. Should I really try to push it that much, or should I listen to my body?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you're recording accurately? A spoonful of peanut butter or half an avocado should get you there.
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you're recording accurately? A spoonful of peanut butter or half an avocado should get you there.

Definitely agree. Though I have totally felt this way when I cut out all heavy calorie foods we used to eat. Hard to say can't see your diary but you could try adding a little cheese portion or as said above some avacado or even a handfull of nuts or a little nut butter. Maybe a larger breakfast?
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I can think of two scenarios:
    1) your logging is very inaccurate.
    or
    2) you are only logging occasionally, get very enthusiastic about it for a few days, then stop tracking calories
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your foods?

Liquids vs solids?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    I can think of two scenarios:
    1) your logging is very inaccurate.
    or
    2) you are only logging occasionally, get very enthusiastic about it for a few days, then stop tracking calories

my thoughts exactly
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Swap out some lower calorie foods for higher calorie options. Add in fat, our bodies need it. Add some olive oil to your salads, fry your veggies.