Dad's over 40

Options
Hey guys! Any other dad's out there trying to keep up with work, kids and family? Looking for tips to stay on target with diet and of course looking for friends.

Replies

• 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Its just a matter of creating the balance while learning new things on the way. If you really want it, you will make it happen. I'll add you as a friend
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I agree about the balance thing. Easier said than done, but I completely agree. It wouldn't be so bad but I am in a household with 3 boys age 17-25 who will eat anything and everything! I enjoy fish, but my wife really doesn't. It really sux having to make multiple meals to appeaze the masses, but I'm in it for me and nobody else. LETS DO THIS!!!
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Dad if three boys (12, 7, 2)...craziness abounds.

Out of work right now as was laid off in December...fortunately severance laws are good here in Canada. Of course, I now have time...

I cook multiple meals, though variations on a theme - last night was Thai green curry shrimp and spicy green beans for us, I made fried tofu and book choi/shiitake for the boys..we all had the rice.

• rdgfreshstart2016
    rdgfreshstart2016 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Dad of two active boys - and it is about balance. A big one for me is not to put too much pressure on myself. I can do this if I stay the course - I don't have to be perfect. I am trying to find active activities that we can enjoy together - I get exercise and then we get to spend more time together having fun... Good for body and soul. Add as a friend if you want - always up for motivation!
  • codygish
    codygish Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I agree about the balance thing. ... I enjoy fish, but my wife really doesn't. It really sux having to make multiple meals to appeaze the masses, but I'm in it for me and nobody else. LETS DO THIS!!!

Will be forty in a month. Hope it is okay if I join in here.

Same story for me. Two girls and a wife. One daughter and I will eat fish. The other daughter and my wife act like they are being poisoned by the smell of fish cooking.

Pleasing everybody just isn't possible some days.