Passport Renewed - Finally

Options
I worked up the nerve and posted this on my Facebook profile last night. It had a major response. I really think it's because I've been a turtle loser and the people closest to me don't realize what a difference my loss has made in my appearance since they've watched me change so subtly. Renewing my passport gave me the opportunity to post a rare photo of myself at my highest weight next to what I look like at my lowest adult weight. It floored some people.

On the left, is my 2006 passport photo. On the right, is the photo I submitted as my 2016 passport photo. Yes, the processing they did to the left photo did squish it a bit and create the illusion that I had a rash on my face (making it look even worse than it was), BUT - you can still see the obvious difference my 85lb loss has made.

Although I'm sad I'm going to be retiring the passport that has my stamps from several countries in it, getting a passport with a photo I'm not embarrassed to show is a major NSV for me.
I still have a way to go - but it's nice to celebrate what victories I've had.

k2v43sjfocgk.jpg

Replies

• alynxx2016
    alynxx2016 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats on your weightloss...
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! 85 lb loss is a small kid. :)
    There is nothing wrong with taking a slow weight loss.
    It gives your body time to adjust and heal.
  • Smokey705
    Smokey705 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You look really beautiful. Well done on your journey and all the best in the future.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I don't mind losing slow. As long as it's all trending downward, I'm happy. :)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look great :)
  • ManiacalLaugh
    Options
    Well done, you look great :)

Thank you!
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Beautiful and really well done! I know that feel of retiring a passport, but at least you can keep them to look back on the good times. (Or scan/photograph them if you have to hand it in for good.) :)
  • kg047
    kg047 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • verifiedvalerie
    verifiedvalerie Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    What a difference!

Congratulations on your NSV, it's definitely a gooder! :)
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Awesome - well done
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the loss and the new passport, very meaningful - a new you all round :-)
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Quite a difference! You're so beautiful! ^_^
  • emyjeter
    emyjeter Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Incredible transformation!
  • ManiacalLaugh
    Options
    Thanks all! :)
  • ManiacalLaugh
    Options
    jenmovies wrote: »
    Beautiful and really well done! I know that feel of retiring a passport, but at least you can keep them to look back on the good times. (Or scan/photograph them if you have to hand it in for good.) :)

That is a super good idea! Luckily, they returned it to me last night, but there are a lot of fun things I can do with the old stamps aside from just sticking them in a box.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!