Looking for running / weight loss friends

Options
I'm pretty late to running, only been doing it for the past 6 years ( in my mid 40s). I've done a dozen 5ks, a couple of 8ks and a couple of 10ks. My big goal is my first half marathon this fall.

I'm trying to lose more weight and get to a good maintainable level. Currently I'm rehabbing a knee injury (the knee I had surgery on 2 years ago).

I'd love more friends with similar interest for encouragement and inspiration!

Thanks,

Kat

Replies

• runsonrabbitfood
    runsonrabbitfood Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey Kat!
    I'd love to be running friends. I've been at it for about 2.5 years and also have a history of knee struggles (mine are anatomical related - long story, weird x-rays lol). I am addicted to events and all the hype that comes with them.

I'd love to encourage you, you can totally do a half!!!
  • WannaRun707
    WannaRun707 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm a runner. Started in 2012, I still suck at it. But I love it and its good, healthy fun. I'm looking to lose 15 lbs. I'll send you a friend request - happy to have more motivated/inspired friends. =)
  • SimplySheesh
    SimplySheesh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also wanting some friends who are more into running. I tried the elliptical but i got bored real fast. Ive always liked to run and have ran before in the past but unfortunately i stopped and got kinda lazy. So now im trying to change my lifestyle and get back at it. Id love some recommendations on good interval routines for treadmill running, i heard its better for you. The last thing ive done was the Spartan race, i finished, but would like to do it again when im in better shape. Any suggestions would be helpful : )