libra trend app help!

Options
So i am happy with my weight loss and understand fluctuations in weight so got myself a weight trending app. But can anyone tell me why my trend line is always above my actual weights?? I thought it should lie down the middle??

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    I have an older version of Libra, but I can go into Settings > Advanced Settings > Smoothing Days and change the default from 7 days to a lower number and that will provide less damping of the trend line.
  • runningalice
    runningalice Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! All sorted changed to 4 days and it is alot better :)
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this!!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    So i am happy with my weight loss and understand fluctuations in weight so got myself a weight trending app. But can anyone tell me why my trend line is always above my actual weights?? I thought it should lie down the middle??

The standard settings are set to flatter so it looks like you're progressing all the time - soothing rather than just smoothing. It is overdamped.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yeah I changed the average I was using from 5-days to 20-days (which I think TrendWeight uses as default) because I didn't LIKE seeing my weights go above my trend. It was kind of disheartening. Or to see my trend go up go down go up go down go up, I did not like that either. The 20-day average is pretty cool to me, it makes it look like I'm miraculously losing .15 lbs a day consistently forever. Keeps me happy.