Should i weigh myself?

Options
I want to track my weight loss progress. However, I lost about 15 pounds last summer and going into University I am certain i gained it all back ( trust me, it shows). I am beginning to count calories again but I am scared to weigh myself ( its been five months since i last did). What do you think i should do?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Do you have another method in mind to track your weight loss progress?
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    What gets measured gets results.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    "Should i weigh myself?"

This question will be answered when you give it a go. Personally, I do.

When it comes to matters of weight, I believe that "out of sight, out of mind" really isn't a good idea. Awareness is key.
  • musclesandmusic866
    musclesandmusic866 Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Just don't become obsessed with it. Especially if you're lifting weights you may be gaining muscle and that will throw things off.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Take the plunge.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Just don't become obsessed with it. Especially if you're lifting weights you may be gaining muscle and that will throw things off.

She didn't mention working out or lifting weights so....

Yes, you should weigh yourself but do not let the number determine your worth. Once you know if you have actually gained any weight you'll know what you want to do.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    If you're interested in knowing how much weight you're going to lose, you need a starting point.

(Yes, weigh yourself.)
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Yes, but don't obsess. I also recommend taking measurements as well.

• amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    no need for weighing yourself.....you can maintain it out in unknown land forever.....facing things in life gets a lot tougher than whether or not to weigh yourself. Sure, you can use measurements and avoid your scale phobia. Wait until you get a real problem in life
  • dvis334
    dvis334 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    What gets measured gets results.

This.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    If you're interested in knowing how much weight you're going to lose, you need a starting point.

(Yes, weigh yourself.)

I agree with this. Current weight also plays a factor in your calorie goal so it will help you set that as well. Just look at it as a data point.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I want to track my weight loss progress. However, I lost about 15 pounds last summer and going into University I am certain i gained it all back ( trust me, it shows). I am beginning to count calories again but I am scared to weigh myself ( its been five months since i last did). What do you think i should do?

Just weigh yourself. You know you gained weight. Not weighing yourself for 5 months didn't seem to help you. Face it and weigh in regularly to stay on track. Real information can help you set your goals better and measure progress.