Heart healthy need friends and motivation

Options
well I am a 43 year old who had a heart attack 4 weeks ago. I have 50lbs to lose. I have lost 12 since the incident and stopped smoking. I am on my way to a complete change in life style. I need to do this for me and my very young daughter. Would really love some extra friends that I can offer support, share recipes, and vice versa. My diet thus far has been a low carb, low fat, and lower in sodium. Needless to say it has been little blan. So ideas appreciated.

Losing weight, exercise, and becoming a healthier me is no longer an option. It is a must. So whatever help I can get is appreciated.

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place!Add me and I'll cheer you on!
  • curtisbacon
    curtisbacon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! Good on you, it looks like your on the right path ☺ I am a fitness coach so if you have any questions please ask! I can understand that a high protein diet is quite bland, I have recently researched into cardiovascular disease and found no evidence to support fat as damaging to the health. So I would at least up the fat a bit to make it more enjoyable, but make sure the fats are good. Throw in some avocado, eggs, fish etc.
  • ghearinn2014
    ghearinn2014 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Love avocado and will add those. I love salmon and my husband is walleye fisherman so we get a lot of fish. Yum yum. Doing a lot of egg whites cause trying to stay away from cholesterol in the yolks. Thanks for suggestions. Didn't think about avocado. I will be picking some up tomorrow:-)