Losing weight in my thighs

Options
Okayy.... so I've tried on a pair of jeans the other day and I'm surprise to say that they fit but very tightly on thighs and very loosely on hips/waist. So now I'm having mixed feelings about my lower body.
What exercises can I do to lose weight in my thighs or will I have to wait til I lose it on it's own? I do walk 3days per week, my calories take is 1300, and I jog anywhere between 10-30mins per day. Can some help me please.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce. The fat will come off different areas according to genetics. But if you keep at it, you will lose fat. Maybe not off your thighs first, but as you lose weight it will include your legs.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I'd like to send a memo to my thighs "Hey, use the fat cells here first, ok?" Too bad the postal service wont' deliver.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Are you walking a lot? It won't take the fat off, but it will tone the muscles underneath and help 'shape' things a bit while you're waiting for the fat-loss to get around to them. :)
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it! I'm pear-shaped and my thighs are the last thing to get the memo, but they *are* reducing. Slowly.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    cant spot reduce, dear. it sucks. lol

my thighs are okay but my calves can make me have to move up a size in jeans, if theres no stretch to them. and then of course, theyre too loose in the thighs and hips and waist.

men dont realize how luck they are LOLOLOL
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Men have similar issues but less fashion choice
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it! I'm pear-shaped and my thighs are the last thing to get the memo, but they *are* reducing. Slowly.

I can so related. Grr.