Trying to gain weight

Options
Hey all!
This is my first time trying to gain weight instead of lose it and I'm kind of struggling with how to go about it. I developed a bad habit of not eating much and now I can't eat very much which makes it harder. Does anyone have any tips?!
Thank you!☺️

Replies

• KevFit413
    KevFit413 Posts: 18 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hey there! Do you own a food scale ? If not i highly recommend one. It really opens your eyes and in some cases the labels are somewhat misleading on products, which causes people to over eat very easily. I just bought one about a month ago and I love it. Choose calorie dense foods like nuts, nut butters, avacados, sweet potatoes, whole grains and oats. Eat lean cuts of proteins too like tuna, beef, chicken, ground and gamey cuts, eggs. You can throw in the better types of fat in your food too like olive, canola, and my personal favorite coconut oil. Hope I could help a little !
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Calorie dense foods will be your best friend. Stay away from typical diet foods as well.
  • Zoe831jmexx
    Zoe831jmexx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi , I have trouble gaining weight as getting over anorexia, I was 40 kg and now I am 54 kg in 5 months it's only a little but it's something
  • senc12
    senc12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi , I have trouble gaining weight as getting over anorexia, I was 40 kg and now I am 54 kg in 5 months it's only a little but it's something

• senc12
    senc12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! I appreciate the support and advice!