From 169 to 117, you can do it!

Options
I always enjoy reading success stories and it has been inspiring me ever since I started my journey. Downloaded application MyFitnessPal in May 2015 after an embarrassing incident. I had to go for an important meeting , and I decided to put my favorite Dorothy Perkins blouse on. I had a very emotional connection with this blouse since every time I put it on, I received tons of compliments. Well this time it was different, I managed to put it on, but I could not take it off. Eventually my husband had to "help me out" with some scissors. That was my " got to get it together moment" I downloaded MFP and started login everything I ate. I started eating fresh vegetables, fruits(smoothies), fish, kefir for probiotics etc. I didn’t deprive myself of anything, I ate EVERYTHING in Moderation. Although I was eating less calories than usually, my body was getting more nutrition, so what started as a Diet quickly became a Nourishment program. I started to get my energy back, I started to feel good and look good. It was wonderful to witness how your body changes for the better. I’ve tried a lot of diets before, nothing worked, because deprivation and strict meal plans are impossible to follow when you have a busy life. However fresh fruits and some veggies were conveniently available to grab and go as “Fast” food. MFP allows you to scan the barcode, so logging food is simple and quick.

What I wish I knew a long time ago
1.CICO, calories in calories out. You have to burn more calories than you eat.
2. It is not stupid to log your calories accurately, most times we underestimate how much we eat, because we tend to count only the “big” meals and those little extra sauces will make a huge difference.
3. Healthy diet begins with Choices you make at the grocery store or at the restaurant. You decide what goes into your body.
4. You don’t have to give up on your favorite snacks as long as you stay under your recommended daily calories
5. Eating the same things over and over, is not healthy. Variety is key.
6. ‘I’m too busy to eat healthy’ is nothing but an excuse. Eating healthy doesn’t mean you have to grow your own zucchini, cook everything from scratch and never to set foot in a fast food restaurant.

My goal weight is 110-113 so I'm almost there - but I feel accomplished already

Replies

• csillabrimer978
    csillabrimer978 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
  • ldtamika31
    ldtamika31 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Awesome u look great how long did it take for u to loose the weight
  • csillabrimer978
    Options
    The first 20lb came right off, after that I've been losing 2-4 lb per month. I've been on this diet since May last year, so 10 months with a few cheat days/ weeks
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Really great work. You look super!
  • csillabrimer978
    Options
    Thank you
  • verifiedvalerie
    verifiedvalerie Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I love this! Thank you for sharing and including what you wish you knew... Others will see that and learn from you. Keep up the awesome!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Solid advice..thanks. You look beautiful.
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    What an amazing journey! I have just started mine - and love your "what i wished I knew" list.
  • csillabrimer978
    Options
    I love this! Thank you for sharing and including what you wish you knew... Others will see that and learn from you. Keep up the awesome!
    Thank you , I am hoping it helps others

• csillabrimer978
    Options
    elaineamj wrote: »
    What an amazing journey! I have just started mine - and love your "what i wished I knew" list.
    Keep up the good work, it is truly worth it

• csillabrimer978
    Options
    Solid advice..thanks. You look beautiful.
    thanks

• IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    YAY!
  • jrjordan79
    jrjordan79 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the post! Its easy to get overwhelmed when starting this journey. Its nice to the advice, and encouragement, of someone who has been there.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    You look great! Love the black dress!!! How tall are you?
  • csillabrimer978
    Options
    5'1 lol
  • csillabrimer978
    Options
    jjordan32 wrote: »
    Thank you for the post! Its easy to get overwhelmed when starting this journey. Its nice to the advice, and encouragement, of someone who has been there.
    Yes I always feel that there is so many conflicting info out there that is confusing. For example Buying organic, NON GMO - Imagine a guy walking down the street wearing a helmet.
    Why are you wearing a helmet? you ask him. For fear that something may fall from the sky and hit me on the road, he replies.
    You would probably think that taking this protective measure is an overkill. It is indeed possible that a random object may hit him, but it is so unlikely that it doesn't make much sense to worry about it. But now imagine that after a few seconds you see the same guy crossing a busy street on red light, without even bothering to watch left and right. Now you would certainly think that something must be wrong with the guy: he is TOTALLY Not getting his priorities.Well I think when it comes to food many of us behave just like this guy.

We are overly concerned with issues that are far less pressing, such as the toxicity of additives, food contamination, residues of pesticides, antibiotics etc.
    Truth is excess salt, saturated and trans fats, insulin peaks and lack of antioxidants will have already KILLED you LONG BEFORE the pesticide residues have started to EVEN DAMAGE you

Just keep up the good work and focus on learning to enjoy Real food

• chrissymfred
    chrissymfred Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! It's very encouraging. And you look great!!
  • hadiolar
    hadiolar Posts: 66 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    jjordan32 wrote: »
    Yes I always feel that there is so many conflicting info out there that is confusing. For example Buying organic, NON GMO - Imagine a guy walking down the street wearing a helmet.
    Why are you wearing a helmet? you ask him. For fear that something may fall from the sky and hit me on the road, he replies.
    You would probably think that taking this protective measure is an overkill. It is indeed possible that a random object may hit him, but it is so unlikely that it doesn't make much sense to worry about it. But now imagine that after a few seconds you see the same guy crossing a busy street on red light, without even bothering to watch left and right. Now you would certainly think that something must be wrong with the guy: he is TOTALLY Not getting his priorities.Well I think when it comes to food many of us behave just like this guy.

We are overly concerned with issues that are far less pressing, such as the toxicity of additives, food contamination, residues of pesticides, antibiotics etc.
    Truth is excess salt, saturated and trans fats, insulin peaks and lack of antioxidants will have already KILLED you LONG BEFORE the pesticide residues have started to EVEN DAMAGE you

Just keep up the good work and focus on learning to enjoy Real food

You look amazing and thank you for this post....
    I often find that when I start focusing on these things u have stated I completely get confused and then loose focus...
  • csillabrimer978
    Options
    Thank you - yes all that marketing is confusing ... They just want you to spend more money
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!