Simple chicken (breast or thigh) recipe

Options
Just starting to cut 30 lbs and wanting to know some pretty straightforward/simple recipes that you guys use. If you have the rough macros, even better.

Gonna eat probably chicken, beef, occasional tilapia and ground turkey to fill the majority of my protein. Planning on having eggs/greek yogurt as well. Thxs.

Replies

• codsterlaing95
    codsterlaing95 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for something that can be like a staple of my diet, as in have it every day.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I make a kind of chicken cacciatore every week

I get about 12 bone in chicken thighs and remove the skin and obvious fat so it weights around 1kg roughly
    Lots of salt and pepper on both sides
    Put in a non stick fry pan and brown both sides, then put them in a casserole dish
    Chop an onion, 2 X red peppers, 3 X sticks celery and put in the frying pan with 2 crushed garlic gloves, bay leaf, sprinkle salt (1/2 tsp) and dried thyme (about 1 tbsp) ...dry fry for about 5 mins, you want the pepper slightly charred
    Throw on top of chicken
    Add 2 tins chopped tomatoes (400g each)
    Add a sliced courgette (zucchini)
    Tablespoon dried oregano
    Stir and cover
    In oven for an hour

I eat 2 thighs over 100g boiled basmati rice, sometimes with side salad

Hang on will grab nutritional values
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    kzvyant4grc0.jpeg
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    *drool*
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    ps Rocket is arugala :D
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    I make Asian style meatballs with ground (minced) turkey
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Easy Oven Baked Bone-In Chicken Thighs in the Toaster Oven~3 Ways
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xHFrxP-9EQ
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Asian style turkey meatballs

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/01/asian-turkey-meatballs-with-lime-sesame.html

That site is worth mooching round by the way

I've made turkey chilli con carne but it's better with beef IMHO
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I almost always use the thigh as the taste is far better...

We commonly have
    Baked with a light breadcrumb coating
    Stir fry as gong bao or Thai basil
    Brine in salt and sugar and then grilled - whole, skewer or as a satay or yakitori
  • caseylizbeth
    caseylizbeth Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have the same chicken meal a lot, and it's so simple. Put a chicken breast in a baking dish and season it however you like, and then top it with some marinara sauce. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes. I then like to top it with a ultra thin slice of provelone or swiss and let it melt, and then I serve it over spaghetti squash or whole wheat pasta.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I use my chicken in a lot of different ways but, I get the thin sliced boneless chicken breast and season them with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and chili powder. You can eat it by itself, in a burrito bowl, haystack style, in burritos, in quesadillas basically anything you want chicken in. It is full of flavor!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I just sprinkle adobo and throw it on a grill. Just be sure to read ingredients because some adobos have MSG. It works for most meats.