Leave food on the plate, NO!

Options
Am I the only one who eats every grain on his plate now wondering this is all I get according to my correct diet plan?! I laughed so hard at myself :)

Replies

• SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    haha, I can never leave food on my plate anyway! I think I feel guilty about wasting it :P so I'll just have to learn to put *small* portions on my plate. And then eat all the crumbs.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I have always felt so guilty for throwing away food, much more than for overeating. It finally clicked that I can plan meals and cook/serve myself proper portions. I said wow.
  • miryamch420
    miryamch420 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just had the same thought today as I was almost licking my plate. Well I made the effort to measure each ingredient with a digital scale, so I think I deserve each piece! ;-)
    If I am having a meal at my mother's though, I will definitely try to leave something on my plate, and I will know I ate too much anyway.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    Everything that goes onto my plate is appropriately portioned to what I need...so I don't know why I would leave food on my plate. I've never understood the logic of not cleaning your plate when what is on your plate is appropriately portioned...
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I always leave a few bites of dog appropriate food on my plate, because he sits there so politely and wants it so badly! But if it was just me that plate would be wiped clean. I like my food!
  • utkarsh_rai
    utkarsh_rai Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Miriyam, I think only you understood, others think I waste food no! I was literally licking my plate! "This is all for lunch, this is all" I kept saying.
  • ravanhorn
    ravanhorn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am now portioning my meals before plating and I'm with most of you and think no seconds, so I might as well eat everything I have. I need to learn the full feeling and learn to stop. At least it is portioned first.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who eats every grain on his plate now wondering this is all I get according to my correct diet plan?! I laughed so hard at myself :)

I eat every bit - and even lick the plate/bowl if it's that good!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I eat it all. If it's on my plate, it's on my food log, which means it's going in mah belly.
  • utkarsh_rai
    Options
    Yes! None of us can have extra calories on the food log. Every calorie counts!
  • utkarsh_rai
    Options
    ravanhorn wrote: »
    I am now portioning my meals before plating and I'm with most of you and think no seconds, so I might as well eat everything I have. I need to learn the full feeling and learn to stop. At least it is portioned first.
    I am trying the same thing. And best of luck to both of us.
  • utkarsh_rai
    Options

I eat every bit - and even lick the plate/bowl if it's that good!

Everything tastes great when you're hungry!
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    It's actually one of the hardest lessons I've learned for eating out. At home, I can put on as much as I should have and be fine. Doesn't exactly happen at restaurants! I've gotten to the point that I finish the protein in the meal first so if I'm not hungry after that (and I'm usually not), I figure that's the largest percent of what you pay for so I'm getting my money's worth. XD I still feel bad about wasting food, though.
  • utkarsh_rai
    Options
    dubird wrote: »
    It's actually one of the hardest lessons I've learned for eating out. At home, I can put on as much as I should have and be fine. Doesn't exactly happen at restaurants! I've gotten to the point that I finish the protein in the meal first so if I'm not hungry after that (and I'm usually not), I figure that's the largest percent of what you pay for so I'm getting my money's worth. XD I still feel bad about wasting food, though.
    I'm basically a foodie and we have a really hard time with being nutritive.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Have definitely done some plate licking. I have measured those calories and they are MINE! But I will eat it slow and savor every bite because I know there are no seconds.
  • utkarsh_rai
    Options
    makingmark wrote: »
    Have definitely done some plate licking. I have measured those calories and they are MINE! But I will eat it slow and savor every bite because I know there are no seconds.
    " I know there are no seconds" everyone's story!
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I do this too. Not as big of a problem at home when I have smaller portions but it is a problem at restaurants when they give you so much food!
  • utkarsh_rai
    Options
    samchez0 wrote: »
    I do this too. Not as big of a problem at home when I have smaller portions but it is a problem at restaurants when they give you so much food!
    Also, to make their food awesome, restaurants just use improper ingredients. They are high on the oils, their salad has extra salt,etc so its difficult to keep a track of ingredients.