App for Scheduling and Tracking Workouts

Options
I am now at the point where I am running 3 times a week and doing some form of cross training dvd at home (P90/21 Day Fix/PiYo/Body Revolution) - feels good to finally be active again :)

I use a Charge HR to get an approximate calorie count during workouts (using a timed session). That gets sync'ed to the FitBit website, which I then in turn linked to MapMyFitness - in this way I can keep a log of all the workouts I do - I find I need that for accountability. I also add the calories burned into MyFitnessPal along with my food. So right now I feel I am tracking data very well.

What I want to do is set up a custom schedule in MapMyFitness/Endomondo or some fitness app so that I can get daily pop up reminders on my iphone and then sync them with the actual workout data to register it was completed. I can't find a way to set up a custom schedule, only able to select a training plan in Endomondo or MapMyFitness.

Anyone doing anything like this with any of the fitness apps?

Replies

• runsonrabbitfood
    runsonrabbitfood Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Man, that sounds intense! I'm running 5x/week and also do a circuit strength training 3x/week. What's been working well for me is a simple Google documents spreadsheet that I mark things off on. If you want reminders, might I suggest a calendar app on your phone? Like Google calendar, for example. You can set it so each item you place has a reminder and you can set the time and reminder time for example.

That's just a suggestion from what I personally do. As for an actual fitness app, I'm not really sure. Good luck though!