Green Tea, how much is too much?

I have replaced normal tea and coffee with unsweetened green tea. Each mug has 1 spoon green tea leaves and 1 lemon squeeze. I am currently doing 4 mugs( a regular coffee size serving). I hope it isn't too much. Please tell me about your experiences with green tea.

Replies

• janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited February 2016
    If you're using it as a weight loss tool, green tea isn't going to make you drop the #s. If you're drinking 4 mugs/ day because you enjoy it then find. It's not too much.
  • utkarsh_rai
    utkarsh_rai Posts: 40 Member
    I need substitutes to coffee. I've been experimenting with green tea. I like frozen green tea. And there were articles online regarding its great benefits. Just that I felt I was maybe taking too much, so I thought why not post it here.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Doesn't seem like too much at all. Green tea has a lot less caffeine per cup than coffee
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    You are ok with green tea.
    Beverage Caffeine Per 8 oz Cup

White Tea 30-55 mg
    Green Tea 35-70 mg
    Oolong Tea 50-75 mg
    Black Tea 60-90 mg
    Coffee 150-200 mg
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    I despise the taste of green tea, so for me, even a sip is too much. If you like it, I don't think there's an upper limit, but I'm not sure about caffeine levels.
  • utkarsh_rai
    Just watch for green tea breath. I had this substitute teacher in grade 11 who was a close talker and god, she had the WORST breath due to always drinking green tea.

I still remember her 10 years later.
    You're scaring me a little. Well I usually have it with a citrus fruit (orange mainly) so breath isn't that big of a problem.
  • utkarsh_rai
    I despise the taste of green tea, so for me, even a sip is too much. If you like it, I don't think there's an upper limit, but I'm not sure about caffeine levels.

I know. As I wrote I've been experimenting and I've learnt how to make it delicious. It's all in the proportion of lemon and leaf. And I chill it. I don't know if you'll like it but you won't hate it as well.
  • utkarsh_rai
    You are ok with green tea.
    Beverage Caffeine Per 8 oz Cup

White Tea 30-55 mg
    Green Tea 35-70 mg
    Oolong Tea 50-75 mg
    Black Tea 60-90 mg
    Coffee 150-200 mg

That was great info. I had a cup of coffee and 2 cups of tea before so I'm roughly matching my caffeine levels with 4 cups of green tea