Non scale victory

Last year this would have killed me...Went fishing yesterday, hiked 6 miles doing 75 flights worth of elevation change, up and down the river canyon a lot. Came home ate dinner got the kiddos to bed and completed my 4 mile run for my half marathon training!
12744245_10207421102199907_4651105451403664695_n.jpg?oh=034a230718d537431b3cd6a0da1a201c&oe=573203C1

Replies

• emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Fantastic, good for you . These NSV's are so important and can get forgotten when we put too much importance on a scale number.
    I properly started losing November 2015 and I can now walk faster and further with my very strong dog , I don't have any leg or foot pain and I don't feel as lethargic as before.

Great work
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Dang! NICE!!!!!
    Isn't it awesome to feel like you're living again?
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    I can't see the picture thanks to my stupid firewall, but from what you wrote, that's awesome!

That's why I love exercise. Even when the scale is being stubborn, the feeling of pushing yourself to be stronger and faster - and seeing success - is extremely satisfying.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Dang! NICE!!!!!
    Isn't it awesome to feel like you're living again?

YES! I'm constantly amazed at how much I have changed, even though I do still forget sometimes, but my balance, agility, and endurance are so much better now it is nuts.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    I love these stories! Way to go!

There's a NSV thread on the motivation & support Forum. Whenever I get annoyed or down from some of the forum threads here, I go read that and it cheers me right back up again.
    Because the most important thing about our bodies is their functionality. Within my physical limits, can I do the things I want to do? Can I work to make those things possible? Is my weight and fitness level interfering with that?

Non scale victories come in so many forms.. Athletic, psychological, aesthetic, but they all represent validation that effort to live better pays off in tangible and real ways.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    NOICE!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Nice! Congratulations.