green tea

Options
I posted a few days ago about my difficulty in losing weight & the fact that I have to take meds that may cause weight gain. That was 5 days ago & I had gained weight which I have now put as my start weight. Since then I have started drinking 2 mugs of green tea (without sugar) per day, counting them as part of my water intake although some days I drink extra. The only other thing changed was some chocolate that hubby bought me but I stayed within my calories etc for those days. Anyway today my scales & my body tell me I have lost 4.2 lbs in 5 days!!! I know a lot of it is water as I am peeing for England!!!! Now I think maybe the reason it is difficult to lose weight on certain medication is that they make you retain water & green tea helps eliminate it. What do others think? So hoping to have found a solution for me & maybe others, if so just 48 lbs to go with Xmas being my target.

Replies

• ArmyWife815
    Options
    I think the green tea helped. I read about green tea helping metabolize fat in an Essence magazine article in 1998. I incorporated it in my diet and drank a cup everyday for a week. At the next weigh in at my church's weight loss program I had a big drop. I finally left the 200's and weighed in at 198. That was an exciting day for me. Like you the only difference was the green tea. I was eating right and exercising. I think I will incorporate green tea again. What a glorious day it will be when I leave the 200's again!!
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    Green Tea really does help with the metabolism. I take One-A-Day Green Tea Vitamins.
  • JustGizzy
    JustGizzy Posts: 38
    Options
    I totaly believe its the green tea dear...I get a case of green tea at Sam's club and can drink up to three bottles of it a day. I drink the diet green tea . I once decided to try and stop drinking it cause I was drinking way to much and don't you know I had a gain when I hit the scales so never again will I stop drinking it...Its is my water when I don't want to drink water...I am not big on water anyway but do try to get my 8 glasses a day in.

Hugz
    Giz:smile:
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I love love love green tea and I really feel less bloated and more energetic when I drink it. Its just an all around great drink :wink:
  • Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    I try to brew 8 cups (using 2 decaf green tea bags) in the a.m. and then drink it iced through out the day. I don't use any sweeteners and just gulp it down. Any other H2O I drink during the day is just "icing on the cake".
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    green tea, mangosteen tea and oolong (also called wulong) are all great weight loss teas.:drinker:
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    i started drinking the lipton green tea mixed berry hot and i noticed a change also. i love green tea.
  • rero
    rero Posts: 24
    Options
    i think teas in general are a great weight loss aid mostly because (well for me) it curbs my appetite, particularly at night and helps me sleep well. i'm not a big green tea fan :ohwell: but i mix it with mint and ginger or drink rooibos. but herbal or infusions are great! never needed coffee/lattes because of tea.

good luck on your journey