Gained 2.2 pounds over night?

Options
2»

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I "retrieved" a couple pounds overnight. We had hot dogs for supper last night. My eyes are puffy and I slosh as I walk. The most I have "retrieved" overnight is 4 pounds, that from a deliciously salty meal at a new Mexican restaurant. Salt. It'll do it every time.

Now, this is benefit of daily weighing. Your weight varies from day to day and you can get a handle on what causes some of those variations. You also start to learn through trial and error what works or doesn't over the long haul. Since you were also over on calories yesterday, some of the weight is excess stored energy in the form of fat/sugars in your body and it will take awhile to get rid of that as well as the water weight. You will soon have an appreciation for how long that pizza meal will effect you.

You need to look at it long term. Use the daily numbers to fine tune your behaviors. Use the report function for longer periods of time to make sure the overall slope of your progress is as it should be.
  • Nicktheicequeen
    Options
    Sodium.
    But if you're like me, you work out after every meal so you don't have to worry! :)
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I've "gained" 10 overnight to bloating before. You're fine.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    The carbs in the pizza crust soaked up the pepsi and it's going to take 7 years to digest.

Having said that...I "gained" 8 lbs yesterday with some bbq steak, pork, and dogs. Seriously, you really have nothing to worry about. If you can't handle the scale jumping up and down several pounds from day to day, you should limit weighing yourself to once a week or so.