Almost to my 45th day and this works

Options
I have lost 12 pounds so far and have about 23 to go. I have my weak days but it is fine. I have a wife and a 4 year old that I love dearly and want to be a healthier me. I was 160 about 5 years ago and dad passed away and didn't really care what I was doing for a while and went up to 195. Trying to get back to 160 for myself and my family.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Great to hear.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Congratulations

You've got this
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Just curious...how tall are you? You're almost exactly like me. I'm 5'10" for height. I'll be 45 in October. Last year I was 167 or so. Nice and lean, I guess. At least most of my clothes fit. Then summer hit and I just went wild on food. Still exercised, but it wasn't keeping up with my poor diet. End of year I was 191 or so. Not good. Felt like crap and so puffy, especially my gut. I've lost about 13 to 15 pounds in the past six weeks and feel great again. My goal is to be about 165. Definitely feel that I could always be slim in my as long as I am aware of what I'm eating and keeping active. Good luck!
  • bigdaddyo123
    bigdaddyo123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow Thats great!
  • Lostcoastline
    Lostcoastline Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You're doing a great job
  • bigorange70
    bigorange70 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much to all. Gojohngo71 I appreciate your comments. We are very similar. Trying to walk 10000 steps a day and sometimes that is hard. I think during the summer I will be even more active and hopefully will get the rest of the weight off in the next 16 to 20 weeks. Thanks again to all.
  • yamaha2183
    yamaha2183 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Cool keep it up
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Awesome! And I agree - this works. I have dropped 11lbs in 6 weeks. I am pretty amazed with how well this is working :)