Spaghetti bolognese

Options
Ericaj573
Ericaj573 Posts: 20 Member
Anyone have any ideas for making a spaghetti bolognese so that the calorie content isn't through the roof?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I brown some ground turkey (or ground beef) in a pan with some onions, then dump some pasta sauce in it (because it's much cheaper than using tomatoes.. usually a whole jar for 1 pound of meat). Sometimes I add carrots as well.

Sure, it's not the real thing but it's still very satisfying for me. It's very tasty on spaghetti squash too, otherwise I just have 1.5 serving of pasta (and it's around 500 calories with a decent serving of sauce).
  • youngmommy2
    youngmommy2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I use a can of crushed tomatoes and add my own seasonings instead of jar sauce. I prefer it, and it reduces the calories a bit. Also use lean meat.

I also enjoy it over spaghetti squash.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I brown some ground turkey (or ground beef) in a pan with some onions, then dump some pasta sauce in it (because it's much cheaper than using tomatoes.. usually a whole jar for 1 pound of meat). Sometimes I add carrots as well.

Sure, it's not the real thing but it's still very satisfying for me. It's very tasty on spaghetti squash too, otherwise I just have 1.5 serving of pasta (and it's around 500 calories with a decent serving of sauce).

This is what I do as well, without the carrots :). I used a 96% lean ground beef. The calories are very reasonable.