Clif Bars...

Danny_Boy13
Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
So I eat these things like crazy and was wondering if anyone has tried to make these and if they have can you make them with similar nutritional values as the store bought ones? I'm sure that they would be cheaper to make them on your own. If anyone has a recipe that they can post I would greatly appreciate it.

Replies

• H_Suth
    H_Suth Posts: 3
    Chocolate Chip Clif Bar Recipe
    1 cup dates (pitted)
    1 1/4 cups crisp rice cereal
    1 cup quick-cooking oats
    1/4 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
    2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1 pinch salt
    1/2 cup peanut butter
    1/3 cup brown rice syrup
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
    Directions:

1. Spray an 8 x 8-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
    2. Place the dates in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
    3. Combine the pureed dates with the rice cereal, oats, peanuts, flaxseed, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
    4. Combine peanut butter & brown rice syrup in a small pan over medium heat, stir until melted & completely blended.
    5. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
    6. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the oat mixture and stir until well combined.
    7. Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
    8. Turn the mixture into the prepared pan and press firmly to pack the mixture into the pan.
    9. Let the mixture sit until completely cool and set, at least 1 hour.
    10. Cut into bars and wrap individually in plastic wrap.
    11. Store in the refrigerator.

Homemade Clif Bars

15-17 pitted dates
    1 cup almonds
    1 cup rolled oats
    1/2 cup shredded coconut
    1/2 – 3/4 cup water

Preheat oven to 325. Grind up the oats and almonds in the food processor. When they have a crumbly consistency, add the dates and coconut. Lastly add the water slowly as you pulse the ingredients together until a batter forms. It will be thick and sticky. Line a small pan with parchment paper leaving enough paper sticking out on each side so you will be able to lift the whole thing out when done. Working carefully, spread batter evenly out to all the sides. Press mixture down with a spatula to get it firm. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. Let cool completely before removing intact. Cut bars with a pizza cutter. I used an odd sized pan. It was a 5X11. An 8X8 pan would work great. I stored mine in the fridge to make them last longer.

• 1 and 1/4 cups of Rice Krispies
    • 1 cup of uncooked quick-cooking oats
    • 3 tablespoons of ground flaxseed meal
    • 1/4 cup of finely chopped dried cherries
    • 1/4 cup of finely chopped roasted almonds
    • 1/4 cup of brown rice syrup
    • 2 tablespoons of dark brown sugar
    • 1/3 cup of almond butter
    • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
    • 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract

In a large mixing bowl, combine the Rice Krispies, quick-cooking oats, flaxseed meal, dried tart cherries, and chopped almonds.
    Combine the rice syrup and dark brown sugar in a saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium heat. You will want to stir the mixture the entire time, it will only take around a minute to boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the almond butter, vanilla extract, and almond extract until your mixture is blended.
    Pour the liquid mixture over the dry mixture, and stir until evenly coated. As the liquid cools, the mixture will become stiff. I used my hands to combine the mixture, like kneading bread.
    Spray an 8-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray and press the mixture into the pan. Use wax paper to help press the mixture flat and even across the pan.
    Allow the pan to cool for about an hour and cut into 6 hearty-sized energy bars.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    In for the recipes, thanks!
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    For the recipe, as well. H-Suth, did you figure out the calories for these? (Otherwise I'll input it to see - but if you've done it you'll save me some work :)
  • lulu150
    lulu150 Posts: 58 Member
    bumping for later
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Thanks! I can't have gluten but these look like they should work for me anyway!:bigsmile:
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Bump
  • H_Suth
    H_Suth Posts: 3
    Nope sorry I didn't.