What to bring for dessert?

2»

Replies

• Quest529
    Quest529 Posts: 103 Member
    Thanks everyone! So much to look at and think about :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Otterpops! No just kidding. Open Nature Cherry Greek Yogurt Popsicles. No cooking and fresh for summer. Lots of protein and yummy.

http://www.shopwell.com/open-nature-frozen-yogurt-bars-greek-cherry/ice-cream-popsicles/p/7989311078?f=tp&nr=19&sp=14

just buy it at the local vons once you arrive and pick up some nuts and coconut and sprinkles and a container of dipping chocolate usually by the strawberries in the produce section. that way the non allergic to chocolate people can do their own. i think they would be yummy with almonds. cherry and almonds is a fave combo for me.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Oh also Smore's. Graham crackers are naturally made with whole grain. and a little marshmallow never killed anyone but people substitute skewered bananas for this all the time. Also bring along some peanut butter for the chocolate allergic person. people can customize these all these ways for their own needs.
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    i like sponge cake (or a store bought angel food cake) with a filling of whipped cream, instant custard and cut up fresh fruit. I ice the outside with whipped cream, pipe some around the top and blob some of the filling on top as well.

i have heard of whipping coconut milk, but i haven't tried it, you could go cool whip light if you eat that kind of stuff.
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    I made a spin on strawberry shortcake the other day. All you need is a box of yellow cake mix and a can of pureed pumpkin. mix together until it creates a smooth batter, then scopp into cupcake pan (or you can bake it as a cake if you want) and follow the baking directions on the box. After I places it in a bowl with fresh strawberries and blueberries and put some light whipped cream over it.
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    If you have a pretty clear glass bowl, you can make a nice trifle using granola instead of sponge cake. Just layer greek yogurt, granola and fresh berries (strawberries, blackberries, raspberries).

It's yummy, and looks nice in the glass bowl. :)
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    You can't go wrong with fruit
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    i like sponge cake (or a store bought angel food cake) with a filling of whipped cream, instant custard and cut up fresh fruit. I ice the outside with whipped cream, pipe some around the top and blob some of the filling on top as well.

i have heard of whipping coconut milk, but i haven't tried it, you could go cool whip light if you eat that kind of stuff.

Sugar free angel food cake (found in most grocery stores in the deli/bakery area), torn into pieces and layered with fat free cool whip, fresh sliced strawberries/other berries, and strawberry (or other berry flavor) fat free/low-fat yogurt.

I'm not usually a proponent of stuff like that- but it's quick and easy on the cals. I try to do (real) dark (70%+ cocao) chocolate-covered strawberries or something similar. A little goes a long way and you steer clear of all the artificial sweeteners etc.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    bump!! Too many great ideas and websites! Thanks everyone.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Bump!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Fruit salad!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Two more ideas. Strawberry pretzel salad with low fat ingredients. Like SF Jello, low fat whip or crm cheese & etc.

https://www.google.com/search?q=strawberry+pretzel+salad&oq=strawberry+pret&aqs=chrome.1.57j0l2j5j62l2.6320j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGfq8EDJUEVMx_W9s9bzsZAWIajfpZs9ndSsP9ZdffphLbXfUcsg3301267471_b9cdb2477e.jpg

Or banana hot dogs where the banana replaces the weiner and ice cream toppings of strawberry and caramel replace the mustard and ketchup and peanut butter replaces the mayo.
    banana-hot-dogs-9.jpg
    we did these as a "mommy and me" activity for my kid's 2nd b-day and the kids liked it. everyone did actually. even childless grown ups from fam got some.
  • Gstrohm78
    Gstrohm78 Posts: 5 Member
    Hungrygirl.com has a recipe for a diet soda cake. 2 ingredients, a box of cake mix and a can of diet soda. You can mix and match flavors and the recipe on the website has baking instructions. I've had white cake with diet 7-up and it's very good!