50lbs in 100 days? Realistic?

Options
2»

Replies

• chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    You can lose 30 or more at your weight i started out at 287lbs in August 2015 and now weigh 207 thats 80lbs. Just take it one day at a time and one pound at a time and dont give up you wont always lose and other weeks lose more it all works out
  • GreyKnight120
    GreyKnight120 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    CherylS88 wrote: »
    2-i do weigh 338lbs currently, someone said 30 lbs may not be realistic unless I weighed 350-400lbs so sadly I am close to that :(
    It is probably possible (I lost 75 lbs. over my first 150 days myself, but I was also nearly 400 lbs. when I began my own journey, and still have a long way to go myself). 30 lbs. over 100 days is absolutely doable, but I'd still be careful about linking the goal with a specific date, since that can lead to frustration if something comes along to stymie your progress (and trust me when I say that the Universe is full of forces that work against that particular progress).

I cannot emphasize enough how important sustainability is though. Even if you're not losing as quickly as you would like, the important element is that you are losing - and that should be a win no matter what! Early on I learned that linking goals to any sort of a timeline was a recipe for disappointment. Whatever makes the process fun and enjoyable is what you should stick with. If you're like me, you might learn some things about yourself in the process along the way!

I would encourage you to let 30 lbs. be that first big milestone - and let it fall wherever it may on the calendar so long as you keep pushing towards it. If it happens on Day 60, that's great! If it happens on day 100, that's great too! Even if it happens on day 365, you will have lost 30 lbs. in a year, which is an amazing accomplishment!!
  • my_cleanfit_journey
    Options
    Your weight loss is going to have ups & downs though. There will be wks where the scale doesn't move but your losing body fat/inches so you don't want to rely completely on the scale. I started my weight loss journey on May 15th/2015 & to date I have lost 35lbs but I've also went down 4 sizes in pants/shirts which is way more inches lost than lbs so it really depends.Good luck! :)
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You have listened to the advise giving and adjusted your goal. 30 lbs may be achievable, but I would suggest a goal that is clearly achievable. You probably can lose 2 lb/week for a while at your weight, but instead setting a goal based on 1.5 lbs per a week.
    1- using the 21 day fix beach body diet to measure and portion control my meals

If that works for you, fine. Measuring with a scale and meeting hitting your daily calorie goal should be your focus.
    2-tracking my food in a journal online and in a notebook offline (throughout the day write down everything I eat and update MFP at night for the total calorie count .. so far, stayed under both days by portioning my meals using the 21 DF)
    Do you not have a smartphone? Or consider pre logging your day the night before or in the morning.

Staying under you daily calorie amount is not the goal. Try to get with -100 to 100 calories of it.

Are you using MFP goal settings? I would suggest doing so and setting it for 2 lbs/week. This gives you a daily deficit of 1000 calories. If you eat less than your goal, than your deficit is more than 1000 calories and considered unhealthy.

3-going to start the 21 day fix work outs which would be 30 min work outs daily, also this weekend will be picking up an exercise bike for extra cardio -- committing to 3 days a week 30 min work outs to start off

Exercise it great for overall health it will give you extra calories to eat, but is not how you lose weight. Don't feel the need to over do it.
    4- eating clean; lots of veggies, minimal carbs, high protein etc.

Clean eating is a fad. No reason to do any of this for weight loss, but I would recommend getting enough protein so you feel full. Of course veggies are good for you. Unless you have a medical reason, don't worry about carbs.