Weight loss ideas

Options
My doctor recommends a 40/40/20, protein/carbs/fat. Protein in morning to jump start motablisism. I have followed this for 13 days so far, by adding Whey Low Carb Protein drink (Dutch Chocolate my fav) I changed nothing else and lost 12.5 in.13 days.

Replies

• JemElwood
    JemElwood Posts: 3 Member
    Options
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Protein in morning to jump start motablisism.

That is incorrect. Your metabolism doesn't get "jumpstarted" by eating.

I have followed this for 13 days so far, by adding Whey Low Carb Protein drink (Dutch Chocolate my fav) I changed nothing else and lost 12.5 in.13 days.

Whether you're aware of it or not, this can't be true. Changing macros without changing calorie intake or activity level will not yield weight loss. That is impossible.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    It's normal to lose water weight when reducing carbs and/or sodium. Carbs are stored in your body with lots of water (about 3 grams water per gram of carb), so reducing carbs sheds water. Expect slower progress next month. :+1:

@AJ_G There IS a small increase in metabolism from eating protein (google "thermic effect of feeding").
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    These macros are upside down....try 16/22/62 instead.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    @AJ_G There IS a small increase in metabolism from eating protein (google "thermic effect of feeding").

I'm well aware of the thermic effect of feeding, but to categorize that as a "jumpstart" is incorrect. Most people who believe breakfast is important because it "jumpstarts" your metabolism believe that your metabolism remains at a lower level until you eat and at that time it jumps higher and stays higher. That couldn't be further from the truth.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    My doctor recommends a 40/40/20, protein/carbs/fat. Protein in morning to jump start motablisism. I have followed this for 13 days so far, by adding Whey Low Carb Protein drink (Dutch Chocolate my fav) I changed nothing else and lost 12.5 in.13 days.

What kind of doctor is that, are you sure s/he said that, and there is no way you can have lost 12 1/2 pounds of fat in 13 days just by changing macro split and adding a protein drink (and if it's water, it means nothing). Please double check. Everything.