can't seem to lose weight

Options
I've been trying for a while now to lose weight and when I first started out it was great dropped 20 pounds but I couldn't get below 220's and I got discouraged. My weight keeps going from 220-240 and can't seem to go any lower. I don't know what the reason could have been back then. I obviously know that right now it's my eating habits that have been holding me back but I'm pretty sure that once I change it I won't be able to go below 220.
I guess my point is what has helped you all lose weight?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Switching from drinking beer to spirits and giving up bread and potatoes were part of my story. Others have lost weight without making changes like that. Eating 1500 calories a day would you lose weight ?
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Exercising and staying within my calorie allotment each day, I lose 2 pounds per week. I have 33 pounds to lose. I eat 1200 to 1350 calories per day. You are eating more than you realize that stops you from losing weight. Or you have a serious medical issue or are taking medication that causes you to retain water, or if your salt intake is high, this would slow weight loss. Sounds more like you are eating more than you realize.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Are you using a scale to weigh your food? Do you use MFP's recipe builder? Are you using the correct food entries from the database? Do you eat back exercise calories? If so, what percentage do you eat back?