Over did again!!! ..Help!!!

Options
Restaurant. Major goof..tomorrow is another day...not giving up..

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    log it and move on
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Ooopsy.. We all have done it and as @rabbitjb said log it and move on. Not much you can do about it now it is officially in the past.
  • jaynee7283
    jaynee7283 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    It's just one meal on one day. My suggestion is that you don't look at each day individually - consider looking at your entire week, or even a rolling 7-day average.

Changing my viewpoint from a daily "good" or "bad" into a weekly or 7-day rolling viewpoint helped me reshape what I determine to be a success and what is not.

For me, I had a big Arby's dinner on Monday (including a chocolate milkshake), and I enjoyed every bit of it, even though it easily was over 1200 calories for that meal alone. But I knew that for the entire week I was still at a net deficit on calories, so I didn't feel any guilt whatsoever over the Arby's dinner I had. My only countermeasure was to drink plenty of water because I knew the sodium needed to be flushed out. That was it.

And sure enough, at my weekly weigh-in on Tuesday morning, I had lost 1.4 pounds for the week because I stayed in my net caloric deficit for the week.

The time to stop worrying about one overdone day here or there starts NOW.

• wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Always log - even when you know you're going to go over. If you never treat yourself to things you love on occasion, you'll suffer by depriving yourself of the things you enjoyed. Like someone else has pointed out, a 7-day rolling viewpoint is kinder than just the "I have to hit my calories for this day every single day!" mentality. I'm good for 6 days out of the week, and once a week, I enjoy a nice slice of flatbread pizza and beer. Don't scold yourself for enjoying food at a restaurant. :)
  • Savanna2015mfp
    Savanna2015mfp Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the pointers and encouraging words Wishfuljune..
  • Savanna2015mfp
    Options
    Thanks Jaynee..and you are right..not that bad..this moment ..right now..I am not eating..and in this moment am ok..
  • Savanna2015mfp
    Options
    Thanks everybody..ready to move on now...