Juice Cleanses

Options
2»

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,987 Member
    Options
    Interesting observation I have made, not just on this thread but after 3 years of being on this forum - those who have large post count and have been members for long time - very very rarely endorse cleanses or detoxes.

Those who do recomend or endorse cleanses and detoxes - small post counts and much newer members.

Draw your own conclusions from that.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Stacey2916 wrote: »
    I started with a juice cleanse for one week and lost 13 lbs! After that I went onto a healthy balanced diet with exercise and lost 4lbs the following week.
    The week after I lost nothing.
    At the end of the month I tried the cleanse again for another week because I was disheartened after losing nothing.
    I lost 2lbs that week, expected more but a loss is a loss.
    I think it's a good kick start but not sustainable. You get major headaches and I had a couple mood swings

You also deprive your body of two out of three macronutrients while providing far too few calories for healthy loss. There are logical reasons why people don't advise "cleanses", "detoxes", etc. I've yet to come across a logical reason for a short term VLCD that is nutritionally deficient.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Interesting observation I have made, not just on this thread but after 3 years of being on this forum - those who have large post count and have been members for long time - very very rarely endorse cleanses or detoxes.

Those who do recomend or endorse cleanses and detoxes - small post counts and much newer members.

Draw your own conclusions from that.

Very true. Another observation - if you go into the 'Success Stories' forum, you will find almost zero members who attribute their long-term weight loss success to cleanses, detoxes, magic pills/MLM scams or any other woo.