Not trying to lose weight, just get healthy

Options
2»

Replies

• BigJ1966
    BigJ1966 Posts: 7
    Options
    There is always going to be those who aren't going to be supportive unless they can directly relate to you (see themselves in you). As long as you are trying to live a healthy lifestyle, I would stick to your guns and tell them to leave you alone. If they fear you have a bigger problem, they may be trying to intervene with their comments.

This particular site tends to lend itself more to weightloss, but it's a great place to "stay fit" once you achieve success too. Some of us (myself including) are just trying to lean out and look better for our vanity or "feel stronger". Others out there are trying to save their own lives with weight loss and might get a little offended at some posts. Everyone has their own reason for being here and each is important to them. Not everyone sees it that way, but choose your friends based on similar interests and I'm sure those people will support you.

Feel free to send me a friend request. I won't DEMAND you eat cake or another sandwich :)

Thanks :) I really am looking for people who can relate to my fitness goals.

I can. As you say, prevention is better than cure. I'm in my late 40's and I am determined not to let myself go but it does get harder as you get older so I'm on here to pick up tips from others who are in the same position.

It's also good motivation to improve my lifestyle as I really do like my red wine but need the extra push to keep consumption minimal.

I think I saw an ab today in the gym so hopefully the other five are somewhere in there too :-)
  • chubbiebunny4444
    Options
    OMG i feel your pain/ frustration... some ppl in my life assume that just because im relativley fit = i can eat whatever the hell and when i tell them id rather not eat something bc of its contents they laugh at me like im crazy and say "girl, u dont need to be on a diet!"
    im just like...OKAY wow just bc i like to watch wut i put in my body doesnt mean im "on a diet"...and just because i dont want to eat 2 frikin slices of pizza, doesnt mean "i think im fat" it means i value my health! GOD :]
  • HealthyBrandi
    HealthyBrandi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean...I am currently at a healthy weight but have been gaining a few lbs a year since I hit 30. I know I need to exercise like I used to, and can't afford to eat whatever I want anymore. I'm using this site to keep me on track after I lose just a few lbs. I don't want diabetes which runs in my family.
  • andresconejo
    andresconejo Posts: 264
    Options
    I'm with you!! I have always been the chubby cute lil guy until some months ago when i lost 30 pounds! Now everybody thinks you're anorexic and just can´t accept that you DONT want to eat junk food just beacuse of your health, not about loosing more weight
  • bigbelly60
    Options
    I'd much appreciate it if you did post your grilled-fish taco recipe. (I'm flabby and now hypertensive, but not overweight, either; i.e., I'm kinda on the same course as you, but me-thinks older.) I'm already making my own salsas mexicanas without salt...

Cheers and gracias.
  • techteachergirl
    techteachergirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am fat and I am here to lose weight and get healthy so I can't say I have the same goals as you, but I would love the fish taco recipe. I love a good grilled fish taco! Good luck on your journey!
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Here is the thing. All of us here are probably overweight and feel terrible about ourselves. You on the other hand come in here with the whole, "Im not overweight and stuff...", that just makes us feel worse. Maybe you should join a golds gym blog or something and leave us chubbies alone!

Am I the only one who saw the humor in this? I think it was a joke.

If not, poster, then that's how hilarious you are. :wink:
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    There is always going to be those who aren't going to be supportive unless they can directly relate to you (see themselves in you). As long as you are trying to live a healthy lifestyle, I would stick to your guns and tell them to leave you alone. If they fear you have a bigger problem, they may be trying to intervene with their comments.

This particular site tends to lend itself more to weightloss, but it's a great place to "stay fit" once you achieve success too. Some of us (myself including) are just trying to lean out and look better for our vanity or "feel stronger". Others out there are trying to save their own lives with weight loss and might get a little offended at some posts. Everyone has their own reason for being here and each is important to them. Not everyone sees it that way, but choose your friends based on similar interests and I'm sure those people will support you.

Feel free to send me a friend request. I won't DEMAND you eat cake or another sandwich :)

I agree!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Here is the thing. All of us here are probably overweight and feel terrible about ourselves. You on the other hand come in here with the whole, "Im not overweight and stuff...", that just makes us feel worse. Maybe you should join a golds gym blog or something and leave us chubbies alone!

That's not a very nice way to behave. Many of the most helpful and knowledgeable people on this site are in their healthy weight range and are working on fitness goals rather than weight loss.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Oy vey . . . nevermind. Methinks this post was a mistake and if you few who accidentaly stumbled upon it can manage, please disregard. I started it as a confusing mess and now it's getting worse. Adue until we post again.

There are no dues here. It is a free site!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    inorite. adue. obstinance. eye rolls. chubbies.

this is the weirdest thread ever. and not just "due" to OP.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also joined the site without weight to lose. Just working on my fitness and health and being preemptive as well. Sometimes it's difficult to explain. Sometimes people don't understand or have various misconceptions. I get that. And while certainly a lot of people on here are here to lose weight (as would make sense considering it's a calorie counting site), some are here to work on fitness, maintain, or even to gain. But, no one in my life has any issues with me. I think some people wonder how I eat treats and stay slim, but that's because I am here and I eat within my goals and I'm active.
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also joined the site without weight to lose. Just working on my fitness and health and being preemptive as well. Sometimes it's difficult to explain. Sometimes people don't understand or have various misconceptions. I get that. And while certainly a lot of people on here are here to lose weight (as would make sense considering it's a calorie counting site), some are here to work on fitness, maintain, or even to gain. But, no one in my life has any issues with me. I think some people wonder how I eat treats and stay slim, but that's because I am here and I eat within my goals and I'm active.

And this is why I luff ya! Everyone should be allowed to have their own goals.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

And this is why I luff ya! Everyone should be allowed to have their own goals.

:smile:
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Grilled fish tacos recipe!!

Just leave out the added salt, it so doesn't need it.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/grilled_fish_tacos.html
  • rcolemere
    rcolemere Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well isnt this just perfect. We so called "Overweight" people post stuff like "I lost 2 lbs last week!" or "I move my belt a notch in!", and we get maybe one or two responses. But post a comment about someone that is not fat or doesn't need to lose tons of weight and all hell breaks lose supporting that person and how they are misunderstood or whatever! This is what is wrong with society in general. We fat people are looked at in a different light and are made to feel as if it is completey our fault. I just once would like to see this type of support for us trying to lose lots of weight and not just for the ones that are able to maintain a healty body and lifestyle. SHEEESH!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Well isnt this just perfect. We so called "Overweight" people post stuff like "I lost 2 lbs last week!" or "I move my belt a notch in!", and we get maybe one or two responses. But post a comment about someone that is not fat or doesn't need to lose tons of weight and all hell breaks lose supporting that person and how they are misunderstood or whatever! This is what is wrong with society in general. We fat people are looked at in a different light and are made to feel as if it is completey our fault. I just once would like to see this type of support for us trying to lose lots of weight and not just for the ones that are able to maintain a healty body and lifestyle. SHEEESH!

that's not true. You told her to leave MFP. That was rude. I know most people here support other people regardless of where they came from or are going, but not when they want to rain on someone else's parade. Try changing your attitude. Live a little. Smile. :bigsmile:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

If I post on my profile that I just lost 2 lbs or was able to move my belt a notch I'll get 30 responses from my friends - the people on MFP that I have connected with over shared goals. If you see someone in the forums posting info that you can relate to, add them as a friend. When you have a bunch of friends with common goals you'll definitely get more support than looking to the main forums for it. The interactive nature of MFP has been HUGE in my success. Add some friends with common goals and you'll find the support you're looking for.