Help!! Lol

Options
i really don't know what exercises to do besides walk/jog intervals to help lose weight. I go to planet fitness and do the 30 minute circuit they have. But that's only 2-3 times a week. does anyone have advice for a beginner?

Replies

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what your goals are. If you're looking for endurance, then jogging/running is the way to go, and starting out on something like couch-to-5k would be a good place to look.

If you're looking to get strong, then you'll need a weightlifting program. A lot of females here recommend something like Strong Curves, or New Rules of Lifting for Women... maybe even Stronglifts 5x5.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It depends on what your goals are. For weight loss, you can do no exercise and still lose weight by watching your calories.

Cardio can help increase your deficit and it's good for your general health, but the important thing here is to find something you like that you'll stick with. Whether that's jogging, cycling, hiking, aerobic videos, etc doesn't matter.

Weights/Resistance training is important for retaining muscle mass while you lose weight and things like bone density and such. Pick a good beginner program for this. Starting Strength or New Rules of Lifting or You Are Your Own Gym or Convict Conditioning or such.
  • sarahhuntting15
    sarahhuntting15 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I really like using acacia.tv
    There are a lot of workout options including everything from boxing to dance, and it's pretty inexpensive and easy to do from home. You can even try it out for 10 days to get a feel for it before committing.
    It's helped me a lot with endurance and coordination so I feel like I'm making progress with every single workout!
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    First exercise is only going to help a little, losing weight is mostly in the kitchen. I'm a huge advocate of weight lifting to help you supplement your weight loss and add some muscle to tone your body. My best advice though is to start in the kitchen. Figure out your daily calorie burn using a calculator, get yourself in a 20% deficit and then explore exercises.

Read this
    https://legionathletics.com/how-many-calories-should-i-eat/
  • Aleeshawilliams22
    Aleeshawilliams22 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what your goals are. If you're looking for endurance, then jogging/running is the way to go, and starting out on something like couch-to-5k would be a good place to look.

If you're looking to get strong, then you'll need a weightlifting program. A lot of females here recommend something like Strong Curves, or New Rules of Lifting for Women... maybe even Stronglifts 5x5.

I like the sounds of couch to 5k lol
  • Aleeshawilliams22
    Options
    I really like using acacia.tv
    There are a lot of workout options including everything from boxing to dance, and it's pretty inexpensive and easy to do from home. You can even try it out for 10 days to get a feel for it before committing.
    It's helped me a lot with endurance and coordination so I feel like I'm making progress with every single workout!

Thank you very much
  • Aleeshawilliams22
    Options
    That was an amazing help thank you!!
    First exercise is only going to help a little, losing weight is mostly in the kitchen. I'm a huge advocate of weight lifting to help you supplement your weight loss and add some muscle to tone your body. My best advice though is to start in the kitchen. Figure out your daily calorie burn using a calculator, get yourself in a 20% deficit and then explore exercises.

Read this

Read this