Confused

Options
So I've updated my stats to maintain my weight. It gave me about 1800 cals a week when I advised I would be working out 3 times a week for an hour each time. Should I do anything special given that those workouts are 30 minutes of cardio, 30 minutes of weight lifting? I'm thinking that perhaps the weight lifiting isn't really a calorie burn( but amazing afterburn). Would this actually help me maintain my weight? I feel like the calories are really low.

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,182 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The calories for that intended exercise is not included in the maintenance calories give by Myfitnesspal. You would have to log that exercise and eat the calories burned to maintain. Since it is difficult to determine an exact calorie burn, you might have to play with whether you eat all those calories or just a portion of them. That would mean on those days you could eat more than 1800 calories.
  • NinaSharp
    NinaSharp Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    The calories for that intended exercise is not included in the maintenance calories give by Myfitnesspal. You would have to log that exercise and eat the calories burned to maintain. Since it is difficult to determine an exact calorie burn, you might have to play with whether you eat all those calories or just a portion of them. That would mean on those days you could eat more than 1800 calories.

Thanks!
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Yup what the person above said. Now is the tone you start paying the calorie game.

Just take one week at a time and eat 1800 calories. If you lose eat an extra 100 or 200 and see what happens. If you gain subtract some.

Play the game and see what works for you.

Good luck :-D