2»

Replies

• NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Mine is gained during.
    It really frustrates me.
    I feel totally bloated.
    If I stay on track with my eating it will usually "flush out" because I think it is water weight but I'm not sure.
  • vannyn42
    vannyn42 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My weight goes up about 5lbs a few days before and a couple of days into it, I get the whoosh and I'm back to normal. (That's if I don't succumb to my cravings too much)
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I lose a bunch of weight (up to 5 lbs) a few days before. Then it slowly creeps up over the next week during the TOM and stabilizes a little lower till the next cycle. As long as each of my "lows" is lower than the last, I know I'm losing. It does suck, though, to get a new low weight only once a month.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    The water weight thing happens to me- I just record it and move on, knowing it's hormonal.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I gain when I ovulate, then start gaining again a few days before my period, hold steady all through a decently long period, and hold onto it for a few days after. I rarely get an accurate scale reading. I have one week out of the month when I look quite lean.
  • squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    honestly i avoid the scale like the plague anywhere from 2-3 weeks before my period, and then wait a week after before i weigh. i retain a lot of water & get super bloaty. i also have fibrocystic breast disease so my boobs swell up by like a whole cup size. so really, PMS weight gain is unavoidable for me unless i'm drinking A LOT of water & avoid caffeine and sodium.. but i still have to deal with my swollen painful boobs :(

overall i ignore the jump in weight during that time because i know it'll pass and if i stick to my deficit i should come out of it fine. just gotta ignore it!
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I've noticed I tend to gain a couple pounds during the first few days, but not before as many do seem to.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    This post is exactly me. I weighed in yesterday to see a 1.5 gain for no reason. Went for a wee bam! Aunt flo had showed her face.. I do body combat 4 times a week. I was well within my calories so it just had to be this that was my gain.. I'm holding out for my whoosh next week lol