chorizo chicken

Options
Rosebudevol
Rosebudevol Posts: 45 Member
This makes a huge portion. and it is amazing. A little high on the fat for me, but you cant beat the protein.

this serves 6 cal: 484 carbs: 16 fat: 24 protein: 46 fiber: 6 sugar: 7

El Mexicano - Pork Chorizo, 16 oz
Boneless Skinless Chicken - Great Value Meat, 32 oz
water
Market Side - Broccoli Slaw Mix, 1 container (12 oz)
Cabbage - Common, cooked, boiled, drained, with salt, 1 head
Fresh Vegetable - Red Onion - 1 onion
Garlic - Garlic (1 Clove, Raw), 1 clove (3g)

cook chorizo in a larger pot, your going to need tall sides for this. when chorizo is about half cooked, cut up the chicken and add. (you can drain the grease from the chorizo from the pan before you add the chicken, but I left mine) add enough water to just cover the chicken. bring to boil then reduce to a simmer. let simmer until chicken is fork tender. about 45 minutes. remove chicken and chorizo, reserving the cooking liquid. i chopped mine up so my chicken was nice and shredded.

In the cooking liquid add the broccoli slaw, onion, garlic, and cabbage. ( I did my cabbage separate cause I like big chunks, but you can just chop it up and add all once). let boil until the desired tenderness. let the water boil down, but not enough for the pot go dry.

Once the water was mostly gone and the cabbage was cooked to my liking i dumped the veggies in with the chorizo chicken mix. then just divided it up for the weeks lunches. I got 6 huge portions.

Replies

• Rosebudevol
    Rosebudevol Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    no takers? its really good. lol
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    This sounds tasty...I'm wondering if there is something you could substitue for the cabbage (the BF HATES it, I'm kinda Switzerland on it)? I'll think on it, thanks for giving me an idea...

Pork fat makes everything better! LOL