New to MFP - Looking for Inspirational Friends! What is your personal goal?

Options
I think it is awesome that we can link up with like minded people that value wellness. I want to inspire and be inspired daily! Add me as a friend, all welcome!

My goal is to gain 10 lbs in lean muscle while increasing my core strength by this summer!

What's your goal? Let's support each other to achieve our goals together! :smile:

Replies

• PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose the last 30 pounds and to finish a half marathon! I got 8 miles into one and found out I had a virus in my system and I injured my ankle! Now my goal is to ease back into it and complete it!
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    That's awesome @TatajanaScylinda - great before and after pics, best wishes easing back into your regiment!
  • girlonfire10
    girlonfire10 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I had a doctor tell me all the things I couldn't/ shouldn't/wouldn't be able to do because I had had back surgery...I sat in his office thinking how horrible my future sounded...then to prove him wrong I started working with a trainer to strengthen my core...now I'm lifting weights, scuba certified, training for a 1/2 marathon, feeling great...and I have a new doctor...
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    I had a doctor tell me all the things I couldn't/ shouldn't/wouldn't be able to do because I had had back surgery...I sat in his office thinking how horrible my future sounded...then to prove him wrong I started working with a trainer to strengthen my core...now I'm lifting weights, scuba certified, training for a 1/2 marathon, feeling great...and I have a new doctor...

That is so awesome that you were able to prove him wrong! While doctors may know a lot about health they certainly don't know everything, especially when it comes to the human spirit! Thanks for sharing :)
  • nomoyoyoing
    nomoyoyoing Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My goals are to lose about 30 pounds, become stronger, and finish a few tough races I signed up for. I'm not going to let my old age stop me. Haha
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    My goals are to lose about 30 pounds, become stronger, and finish a few tough races I signed up for. I'm not going to let my old age stop me. Haha

Thanks for sharing, best wishes on your goals, you got this for sure! And btw, you aren't old because if you are that makes me old(er) and I am not ready to accept that! :smile:
  • neeceypoo
    neeceypoo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose about 21 pounds but also to tone up as well. And I want to feel fitter when walking up the stairs cause at the moment, I feel out of breath and have to slow down halfway and I am only 21 :(
  • gothicravenangel29
    Options
    HI. Well my overall goal is to lose 197 pounds but I try just looking at small goals so I don't feel so overwhelmed. I'm pretty active and I like supporting others and motivating others if you would like to add me.
  • spillontopage13
    spillontopage13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! My goal was to lose 10-15 lbs. I've lost almost 10 lbs, now I'd just like to tone up. I'm a junior speech pathology major :)
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    That's awesome @neeceypoo Actually climbing stairs kicks my bootie as well! Best wishes on your goals!

Baby steps and mini goals @gothicravenangel29 make perfect sense. I will add you for sure :)
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    Wow, @spillontopage13 that is great that you have already reached your initial goal! Congrats! I am in a similar boat, I want to see my abs for the first time in my life tbh! That would be pretty cool but I have a ways to go!
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    I have heard a foot takes so very long to heal @jennitm You will cross many more I am sure! and don't I know it, I just got the joy of celebrating another one this week! Time marches on but in the meantime we can improve upon ourselves! :smile:
  • emilyyytuckerrr
    emilyyytuckerrr Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've reached my first big goal which was to get to 174 pounds. I started at 246. Now I want to lose the last 10 and continue to build muscle and lean out
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    Those are incredibly impressive results @emilyyytuckerrr Nice work! I am sure others want to know how you were so successful, best wishes on the next phase of your journey!
  • frauJagerWursf
    frauJagerWursf Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I quit smoking, however it seems cigarette cravings and hunger feel exactly the same! I have been smoke free for nearly 5 years now, but I gained a whopping 90lbs!
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    @frauJagerWursf I noticed when I first started doing IF (intermittent fasting) my hunger cravings initially were really intense. However, now that I am several months into it I barely have any cravings at all. I bet the cravings are very similar. Nice job quitting smoking though and best wishes on your next goals!
  • janedough553
    janedough553 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'm retired military (retired in 2008 after my 20-year milestone). I've put on roughly 20-30 pounds since I completed a marathon back in 12/2012. I've decided to re-dedicate myself to my health, drop the pounds and be ready to run the Air Force Marathon in Sept. Of 2016. I've been using MFP for about a month and a half, and am looking for folks to motivate and to motivate me.
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    Thanks for serving our country @janedough553 Best wishes on your goal of running a marathon later this year, that's exciting! Hope we can help inspire you to meet your goals!
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    bruhaha007 wrote: »
    That's awesome @TatajanaScylinda - great before and after pics, best wishes easing back into your regiment!

Thanks! That just the last year before & after!