Water weight

Is 3-4 pounds too much to be considered water weight? I know I am bloated but I wondered how much water weight is normal. Also, does anyone have any remedies on how to get rid of bloat. I get it SO bad sometimes it feels like

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,032 Member
    I can gain up to 8lbs in water weight, and there's not a lot for it but drink more water!
  • mem03m
    mem03m Posts: 1 Member
    Dandelion root tea works wonders for me. Jillian Michael's has a "detox" that includes it as one of the ingredients, but I find just drinking a cup or two a day of the tea is enough for me.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    I can go up anywhere from 3-8 lbs. I usually just go with the flow. If I'm very very uncomfortable and blue about it I'll drink dandelion tea as well...not sure if it actually works, but I'll do that and get in the sauna and drop a few pounds. It's dumb...but it's just tea and a sauna and it makes me pants feel less tight lol.
  • BoogeyBrat
    BoogeyBrat Posts: 212 Member
    I can gain up to 8lbs in water weight, and there's not a lot for it but drink more water!

This, for sure. I always found it funny that the way to get rid of water weight is to drink more water but it's 100% true. If you've been logging correctly and don't see any reason to have gained the weight, it's usually water. Drink more, it'll come off.