Absentminded eating

Options
One of my biggest struggles is eating when I'm emotional or bored. Any tips on how to stop eating in between meals?

Replies

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary,so I can only offer generic guidance. Make sure you're eating enough calories. Make sure your macros are appropriate for you and that you're eating them. Don't fall into the "all fats are the debil" trap--Fats and proteins are important to satiety. Find lower-calorie things to snack on, or leave room in your normal meals to allow you to indulge in treats.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Eat more meals per day? I switched to this and it helps.
    Mini meals. Planned. That include protein.
    I call a snack of a cheese stick and a serving of almonds a mini meal.

So in a way, say YES to eating between meals.
    Just plan it.
  • ZeroDelta
    ZeroDelta Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Be mindful. Before I eat anything I ask myself "Why am I eating this?" If the answer is anything other than "I'm hungry" I put it down.
  • roseml6792
    roseml6792 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you really want to stop eating between meals, you have to decide that you are only going to eat at mealtimes. Plan your meals and prelog them. Make/cook those meals at regular intervals, make sure they are balanced and delicious meals that you know you'll look forward to. Sit down, relax, and enjoy them.

Get enough sleep and rest. Reduce stress as much as possible. Be active every day. Have some fun and you-time every day. Don't let food be your sole source of fun and relaxation.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Weigh out a portion. You can go back for more but it will give you an idea of how much you are eating. I am used to grazing, too. It makes logging difficult.
  • srujana_kanneganti
    Options
    Try gum.
  • roseml6792
    roseml6792 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks