Any good chest workouts

My chest be lackin

Replies

• ro55ymac
    ro55ymac Posts: 9 Member
    What are you currently doing? How are you currently eating?

Patience and focus are the keys. There are loads of good exercises and routines out there, Google is your friend. Make sure you are using the correct form (your shoulders can take over the bench press if you have poor form). One solution is to up your frequency of chest to three times a week and drop down some of the intensity of some of your other upper body exercises. Getting stronger may help. I ran a Smolov Jr cycle that added 15kg to my bench and I think I made some good gains.
  • aown61
    aown61 Posts: 62 Member
    I tried this 6 week program, it made huge difference, it's abit gruelling but worth a shot! http://youtu.be/KXc2WFi4oLw
    I still chuck day 1 in when I have a spare day in my current program.
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    1) Bench Press - 3-5 sets of 3-5 reps, 3-5 min rest time. This is for your strength. Weight is meant to be high.
    2) Incline Bench Press - 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps. This is mixed strength and hypertrophy work. By this point, your chest and arms should be getting fried
    3) Cable Crossover- 3-4 sets of 12-15 reps. Find the right height for this. This is pure hypertrophy (size) focus. It isolates your chest and forces a pump. By the end, you should not be able to reach 10 pushups.

Obviously balance this with back work, or else you will be those guys with terrible posture due to strong chest but weak back. I like to add in chin/pull ups, some 2 different rowing exercises (dumbbells, cables, barbell, whatever). Follow similar rep ranges as above (big compound movement gets low reps, then medium weight gets medium reps, and light weight finishes you off at high reps).

A great upper body workout.
  • MarkMoretti27
    MarkMoretti27 Posts: 1 Member
    Bench- 5 sets of 5
    Dumbbell bench- 3 sets of 8
    Incline bench- 5 sets Of 5
    Incline dumbbell bench- 3 sets of 8
    Flies (cable, free or machine)- 3 sets of 8

I do Chest and triceps on the same day as triceps are secondary movers in most chest lifts.

1. tricep push downs with the triangle looking bar - 3 sets of 8
    2. Tricep pull downs (use a flat bar, grip underneath it, and pull down)- 3 sets of 8
    3. (Moderately) inclined skull crushers (with the EZ bar, using the closer grip) - 3 sets of 8
    4. Then I finish my workouts off with dips - 4 sets of 12 (if new to dips you may not be able to do so many, Just do what you can. It works out both your chest and triceps)
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    I mean get on a structured lifting program and work all your muscles but here was my chest day yesterday:

Bench press 3x8
    Incline dumbbell bench 3x10
    Dumbbell flyes 5x10
    Cable crossover 3x12
    Decline dumbbell bench 3x10
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Bench- 5 sets of 5

I do Chest and triceps on the same day as triceps are secondary movers in most chest lifts.

2. Tricep pull downs (use a flat bar, grip underneath it, and pull down)- 3 sets of 8
    3. (Moderately) inclined skull crushers (with the EZ bar, using the closer grip) - 3 sets of 8
    4. Then I finish my workouts off with dips - 4 sets of 12 (if new to dips you may not be able to do so many, Just do what you can. It works out both your chest and triceps)

Why the repetitive flat bench and then flat DB bench? Seems a bit redundant. I'd definitely still train both flat and incline but probably not with that much volume so that I could focus more on fly variations. (That is, if you're going to do that much for your chest).

See this for some good chest anatomy and fly variations:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opctf0dkpVw

• VictorianoAOchoa
    VictorianoAOchoa Posts: 20 Member
    If you prefer calisthenics then work up to a one hand push-up. Diamonds are great and can get you quite swollen.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Bench- 5 sets of 5

Why the repetitive flat bench and then flat DB bench? Seems a bit redundant. I'd definitely still train both flat and incline but probably not with that much volume so that I could focus more on fly variations. (That is, if you're going to do that much for your chest).

See this for some good chest anatomy and fly variations:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opctf0dkpVw

This is very interesting... thanks for sharing.