Nutella Makeover

Options
GypsySoul_74
GypsySoul_74 Posts: 152 Member
i know a lot of people just prefer the traditional version of more indulgent foods, and that's totally okay. but sometimes it's nice to have a lower-calorie, more macro-friendly alternative for everyday eating, which is why i came up with this :)

so... original Nutella may be the most delicious food ever. but at 200 calories / 21g carbs (21g sugar) / 12g fat / 2g protein [per two tablespoons], lots of us who are nutrition-conscious don't get to eat it except as a rare treat.

enter my Nutella makeover--i was craving some today at lunch and thought I'd try to recreate something similar. at 75 calories / 6g carbs (1.5g sugar) / 2g fat / 10g protein [per single serving, which is over two tablespoons], i can fit that in my macros every day!!

reconstitute 12g (two tablespoons) PB2 with 1 tablespoon of water. add 7g (about a TBSP?) chocolate protein powder (i used Body Fortress brand) and 1/4 teaspoon hazelnut extract. if needed, add a few more tiny drops of water to get the right consistency. if you prefer it sweeter you can throw in a packet of Splenda or stevia.

there's a picture of this on my instagram:

Replies

• unoriginalusername007
    unoriginalusername007 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That looks & seems fantastic! I will definitely have to try it! Thanks so much for sharing :)